There are 275 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by miked1978:
Wow you are truly a wizard. Little harry potter has nothing on you.

You must be one of the sheep who believes that a 390 pound fat, lazy POS tackle is a fit for an outside zone scheme right?

McGlinchey earned PFF College's No. 2 offensive tackle grade in 2017, and No. 1 in run blocking
Raiders making me feel better with that pick
G now, T later. Good pick, not exciting
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

You must be one of the sheep who believes that a 390 pound fat, lazy POS tackle is a fit for an outside zone scheme right?

McGlinchey earned PFF College's No. 2 offensive tackle grade in 2017, and No. 1 in run blocking

Keep it civil fellas. Attack the posts not the posters.
Phoenix did you like him as a prospect?
I'm still shocked by this pick as of now. If we trade Trent Brown at some point then this would make sense
IDK, they must have felt the Raiders were going to take him if they traded back... shocked! But I suppose once Roquan was off the board they tossed aside the BPA plan for Minkah and went for need instead... hope it works out, keeping an open mind.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kazak13:
yeah same here.. we have Brown, Staley and Gilliam at OT... not sure where Mike McGlinchey fits unless we trade Brown

Bingo.

McGlinchey most likely will beat out Brown even if he is not traded. They could hold on to Brown long enough in pre season to fleece a team that has an injury need. Also, time to prove Brown is healthy.

Wow you are actually wrong. Must be the first time in your life huh?

I dont think Brown fits the system. Also dont like the pick that much.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ill reserve judgment for the rest of the draft.

Im not mad at the pick, and kind of like it, however, i do feel that this FO has a tendency to telegraph their picks early on, and its hurting us a bit, as we are becoming predictable. Last year everyone knew Thomas was the pick. this year everyone knew it was the OT.
If we could call it on these forums, every FO in the NFL knew he was the pick.

We agree 100%. We all loved Smith, but expected it. James was my guy after that or trade down to 15 and we STILL would have gotten him or this guy. sigh.

Raiders were going to take him, so he would have been gone.

It just bugs me this pick, and the Thomas pick were so telegraphed. I kind like the pick however.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Raiders were going to take him, so he would have been gone.

It just bugs me this pick, and the Thomas pick were so telegraphed. I kind like the pick however.

Yep. And when we took McGlinchey they traded back and took Kolton Miller, another guy I was high on and the resident gurus in here said he would be a 4th. Lol

This place is pure comedy.
I like him, we couldn't have traded down, it was obvious they liked mcglinchey if they reached hard for kolton. People are mad cause its not a sexy pick and not an immediate need..

think about it, this is not a strong OT class, so grab the best and take a lb in a deep lb class.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"I'm told the reason the Niners took Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the #NFLDraft  is Trent Brown was terribly out of shape at mini camp and they have reservations about him off the shoulder surgery."

- Tony Pauline

Are we supposed to be surprised by this news? Brown is the laziest guy in the league.

Once again I'm right. I argued with guys (NY and Genus) for a year about Kaepernick.

I argued with guys for a year about Trent Brown and how he is a horrible pick.

I argued about Solomon Thomas and taking a DE 3 years in a row.

And now I was the first person on earth to mock McGlinchey to the Niners days before the hype came out.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 26, 2018 at 7:08 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we better damn well take a pass rusher friday for gods sake and a linebacker,. i am trying to be calm. fine ship brown for a 6th if you can get one. maybe this guy is better at guard than any of our current ones.. i am not happy but am really trying. we have a glaring need for a pass rusher and i still think we need a inside linebacker.and a cornerback. they better be our next three picks
Originally posted by cciowa:
we better damn well take a pass rusher friday for gods sake and a linebacker,. i am trying to be calm. fine ship brown for a 6th if you can get one. maybe this guy is better at guard than any of our current ones.. i am not happy but am really trying. we have a glaring need for a pass rusher and i still think we need a inside linebacker.and a cornerback. they better be our next three picks

I get how you're feeling, it's not sexy and its not an immediate need, but Brown reportedly is in terrible shape so i expect him to be shipped and have mcglinchey start at RT.
Share 49ersWebzone