LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
If hes not healthy, they've got a huge problem at RT.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dammmn.

Told ya he was a guard. Ya don't listen

I thought his best position was RG so
  • da209
  • Veteran
so is mcG going to be healthy for week 1?
[ Edited by da209 on Aug 26, 2022 at 5:13 AM ]
Originally posted by da209:

I would say the odds are not in our favor.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by da209:

I would say the odds are not in our favor.

I genuinely am concerned about him being able to play at all. Barrows just confirmed too that he had more PRP injections. We'll see. Fingers crossed still.

I don't exactly know when he had it done:

The results of PRP treatment are most noticeable after several weeks for joint injections and six months for scalp injections, and are not permanent; patients may require additional injections at the direction of their doctor.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 26, 2022 at 5:28 AM ]
Peg leg.
Even if healthy we have a problem at RT
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
People seem to forget, Brunskill did much better originally as our swing tackle along with Justin Skule before he lost his mojo. Remember the Carolina game when both Staley and McG were out and we boatraced the Panthers? That was Brunskill at his best. I'm over McGlinchey especially at his current price tag. Time to sign or draft his replacement next year unless he plays fantastic and stays healthy this whole year.

Excellent take!!

Totally agree
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm surprised Lynch didn't announce him going on I.R. too. I guess he's more calculated than that. He'll announce that later.

Man you would have been downright giddy had that happened lol
We will need to move on from this guy after this year whether it is the draft or FA. Doesn't look like he will make much of an impact for us going forward unless he heals miraculously & plays great. Just don't foresee this happening

Originally posted by tohara3:
We will need to move on from this guy after this year whether it is the draft or FA. Doesn't look like he will make much of an impact for us going forward unless he heals miraculously & plays great. Just don't foresee this happening

We already have a back up plan in my opinion with Burford for next year. We might draft a right tackle or get one in free agency but either way McGlinchey is not worth the money he will get and next year he's gone
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

We already have a back up plan in my opinion with Burford for next year. We might draft a right tackle or get one in free agency but either way McGlinchey is not worth the money he will get and next year he's gone

Agree 💯%, I'm all for another two draft+ picks devoted to OLine next draft. We have 3 third round draft picks next year, in addition to all the other draft picks and compensatory picks. There should be enough draft capital there spent on the OLine to tide us over till Trent reties and we find a McGlinchey replacement.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Agree 💯%, I'm all for another two draft+ picks devoted to OLine next draft. We have 3 third round draft picks next year, in addition to all the other draft picks and compensatory picks. There should be enough draft capital there spent on the OLine to tide us over till Trent reties and we find a McGlinchey replacement.

I honestly don't want to wait for a rookie RT to become good unless he is a top pick which we won't have. Just trade a third for Isiah Wynn on the Patriots and call it a day.
Ah yes. Lets replace 1 injury prone player that hasn't lived up to his draft status with another just like him. Makes a lot of sense.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Ah yes. Lets replace 1 injury prone player that hasn't lived up to his draft status with another just like him. Makes a lot of sense.

Yuck...so over relying on injured players. Have we not seen enough here? Have we not been burned a dozen times already?
Share 49ersWebzone