There are 252 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Maybe we should consider Brunskill at RT if MM can't go. He graded out very well in pass pro until we made him move to C and RG where he's always graded out poorly.

Grappy and Glynch... package deal...

Titans ???
This might be the last year McGlinchey is here, I hope he balls out, and gets paid somewhere else so we land a good comp pick for him. I would try to extend Brunskill on like a 3-4 year deal at a low rate, and have him focus on T only and mainly RT. McKivitz played well at LT when Williams was out, so having both Brunskill and McKivitz on the bench as our backup T's is good, and then next year when McGlinchey is gone, Brunskill can slide right into that RT spot at a fraction of what McGlinchey costs.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Titans ???

I don't think Jimmy is that much of an upgrade over Tannehill if at all.
Originally posted by Since07:

Titans ???

Yeah, not for the Titans. If they move off of Tannehill, it's going to be something similar to what we did for Trey Lance.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Titans ???

Yeah, not for the Titans. If they move off of Tannehill, it's going to be something similar to what we did for Trey Lance.

BUT that's it... they can find a young QB in the draft to sit maybe behind Grappy... then, let him lose !!!
Are there any updates on MM status?
We gotta have him fully healthy. He's underrated by this fan base but if he's at %100 I never worry about the right side.
[ Edited by 49ersgoldme2021 on Mar 19, 2022 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Titans ???

BUT that's it... they can find a young QB in the draft to sit maybe behind Grappy... then, let him lose !!!

They could do that whilst keeping Tannehill too, could they not? I honestly can't see the Titans trading for an average QB when they already have one on the roster.
Originally posted by 49ersgoldme2021:
We gotta have him fully healthy. He's underrated by this fan base but if he's at %100 I never worry about the right side.

He's a decent running blocker, but pretty abysmal when It comes to pass protection. I'd be more than happy to see us move on From him at this point.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He's a decent running blocker, but pretty abysmal when It comes to pass protection. I'd be more than happy to see us move on From him at this point.

And over pay for a OK RT guy? We never run on the left. We run right side and that's our big plays. We better keep him. That was a great draft pick keep him in house.

Originally posted by Sickaa:

And over pay for a OK RT guy? We never run on the left. We run right side and that's our big plays. We better keep him. That was a great draft pick keep him in house.

I'd rather put Brunskill at RT and draft a couple of O-Linemen through the draft. I'm not sure what the plan Is, but expecting skinny Mike to protect Lance would be asking for trouble. I still remember him getting put on his ass by a Cb.

he's not fully healthy
he's actually overrated by this fan base

and I'm extremely worried about the right side, especially since we don't have a RG (assuming Banks is penciled in at LG)
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Such moments of unintentional comedy brighten up the WZ.
MM is actually a very good run blocker. Hes just so bad at pass protection that nobody notices anything else.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Such moments of unintentional comedy brighten up the WZ.

Who would you replace him with and wby. We don't have a first round pick. Who in free agency is better for the price? Don't go all Collins because for one he's not better for two he's more money.
Share 49ersWebzone