LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Best news I've heard all season. Addition by subtraction.

He is as good to us now as he was when he played.. chalk another up for lynch or kyle or whoever
[ Edited by cciowa on Nov 8, 2021 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I feel like MM is the epitome of our issues as a franchise. In that he represents our issue in selecting worse players over better ones, lack of development, sustaining significant injuries, and rewarding bad play (5th year option and probably a new contract).

I actually hope Moore or Banks steps up and plays as well or better than McGlichey. Pass blocking should be easier because the bar is set low. McGlinchely is a good run blocker, but in my opinion, just my opinion he is not worth second contract big guaranteed OT money. Just my opiion but he is no Trent Williams
I feel like MM is the epitome of our issues as a franchise. In that he represents our issue in selecting worse players over better ones, lack of development, sustaining significant injuries, and rewarding bad play (5th year option and probably a new contract).

you must not follow football, b/c in the draft he was the top rated tackle all around.

Great post. This guy has underwhelmed and they still pick up his 5th year option.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Great post. This guy has underwhelmed and they still pick up his 5th year option.

I mean go look who get's their 5th yr option picked up across the league...a high % of 1st rd picks do.

He hasn't been a pro-bowler by any means, he hasn't been dog s**t either. I feel like people don't look across the league and see what other teams are tossing out there on their OL.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

New information indicated surgery…so he has a 50/50 chance of playing football again.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean go look who get's their 5th yr option picked up across the league...a high % of 1st rd picks do.

He hasn't been a pro-bowler by any means, he hasn't been dog s**t either. I feel like people don't look across the league and see what other teams are tossing out there on their OL.

I'm fully aware of other teams o line and 5th year options being picked up. That doesn't change one thing about what Waterbear stated. Picking up his 5th year option wasn't smart. Just b/c we don't agree with you doesn't mean we aren't aware. Let's not assume posters knowledge.

I'm fully aware of other teams o line and 5th year options being picked up. That doesn't change one thing about what Waterbear stated. Picking up his 5th year option wasn't smart. Just b/c we don't agree with you doesn't mean we aren't aware. Let's not assume posters knowledge.

Paying guys because you like them instead of based on what they are doing on the field is how you become a bottom of the barrel team with salary cap issues.

Fans will now get a chance to see how good McGlinchey really was. We saw what happened last week when he went down. Jimmy was swarmed the rest of the game. Glinch may not be an all pro but he's a notch above whatever else we have.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Fans will now get a chance to see how good McGlinchey really was. We saw what happened last week when he went down. Jimmy was swarmed the rest of the game. Glinch may not be an all pro but he's a notch above whatever else we have.

When a player is selected in the top 10 I expect them to be more than just a notch above f**king Compton.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Nov 9, 2021 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

When a player is selected in the top 10 I expect them to be more than just a notch above f**king Compton.

Every team expects a top 10 pick to be great. That's why they are top 10. Problem is about half never turn out to be great. Some are even total bust that never play muchas we know. Expectations > than reality in many case.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by thl408:
Do it. I want to see for myself Banks suck. If that's what happens then put Brunskill back in. No harm. There's no such thing as a right guard controversy.

This

That
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Every team expects a top 10 pick to be great. That's why they are top 10. Problem is about half never turn out to be great. Some are even total bust that never play muchas we know. Expectations > than reality in many case.

Then the team should move on and not pick up the 5th year option. This draft was loaded at skill positions and we manufactured a need at RT cause Trent Brown wasn't a perfect fit for the scheme. Which yeah Brown was bad at RT in this scheme but he still was good enough that they didn't need to trade him just so they could select the guy Quentin Nelson made look good. This pick pisses me off more than Solomon Thomas tbh

Exactly I hope they don't resign him. Joe Staley he isn't!
Share 49ersWebzone