There are 151 users in the forums

Montana the 🐐

Originally posted by pdizo916:
At cheating.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
This is like calling LeBron or Kobe better than Jordan.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Argue all u want so called die hard 49ers fans you never turn on your guy. To me Joe "Cool" Montana will FOREVER be my GOAT. Brady will always take a backseat to Montana everyday of the week, this is where the homer card should come to play for EVERYONE.

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

Boom goes the dynamite
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Watching Joe back in the day was a work of art. I remember the Philly game where he got absolutely crushed by their D and somehow still pulled off a comeback win in the 4th.

Bradshaw is such an average quarterback, managed the game his defense did most of the work as well as his running game. He did have a couple good performances in the Super Bowl but he's not even top 10.

What people seem to be forgetting is Montana scored 55 points on Denvers number one defense and Montana played way better teams in the Super Bowls and scored so many points, yards and never had an average game. Completely dominated. Brady had 2 awful performances against not even close to great teams on defense or teams altogether. Relied on his kicker to bail him out. Brady is great but the only thing he is better than Montana is staying healthy. That could be more due to the rules and the times than Brady. Just ask the nyg d in the 80s.

Again 55 points against the NUMBER 1 Defense against the Broncos. Wow. Brady could never do that. Also Montana taking the chiefs to the afc championship??? That's got to be a joke. Again something Brady could never do with such a talentless team.
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
So now Joe called his own plays? Is this really the level we're at? Making Bill Walsh an after thought?
Argue all u want so called die hard 49ers fans you never turn on your guy. To me Joe "Cool" Montana will FOREVER be my GOAT. Brady will always take a backseat to Montana everyday of the week, this is where the homer card should come to play for EVERYONE.

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper
Originally posted by genus49:
So now Joe called his own plays? Is this really the level we're at? Making Bill Walsh an after thought?

do you disagree with anything else in the picture?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I'm guessing it should say "won" them all?
The Fu-Man-Chu....
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper

Add:

And, Motherf***er I NEVER threw an Interception in the Super Bowl. Period.

And, I beat John Elway and Dan Marino. Name a HOF QB that Tommy Metrosexual beat in the Superbowl other than Kurt Warner (after he cheated with the tuck rule)?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper

Add:

And, I beat John Elway and Dan Marino. Name a HOF QB that Tommy Metrosexual beat in the Superbowl other than Kurt Warner (after he cheated with the tuck rule)?

Donovan McNabb NOPE
Jake Delhomme NOPE
Willow NOPE
Matt Ryan NOPE
Jared Goff NOPE

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper

Add:

Donovan McNabb NOPE
Jake Delhomme NOPE
Willow NOPE
Matt Ryan NOPE
Jared Goff NOPE

You sir, are correct!

Originally posted by trenfoight:
Montana was a super bowl champion 46% or his snaps as a 49er QB. Brady 35% of snaps as Patriots QB

Motana>Brady

Brady 6 Superbowls
Montana 4 Superbowls

Brady > Montana
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Brady 6 Superbowls
Montana 4 Superbowls

Brady > Montana

Brady playing touch football. Montana playing tackle football.

Montana > brady
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I realize getting into these discussions on a 49ers message board is a rabbit hole I want to stay away from.

All I know is if winning is all that matters then losing earlier in the playoffs is not winning...

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper

Add:

Dear god please stop this stupidity. If you're going to cling on to some hope of keeping Montana the GOAT at least don't add complete ignorance to your post to dumb the post down.

Tuck Rule was an actual rule in the NFL. Tom Brady did not CHEAT with the tuck rule no more than any other team "cheating" when a flag is called for penalties.

And why are we pretending everything else is equal? You guys want to bring up the whole few rules protecting me and my receivers conveniently forgetting the lack of salary cap, the presence of Bill Walsh and the pathetic state of the AFC in that era.

Who were the HOF QBs Joe had to face to get to the SB? Just this year alone Brady had to go through Phil Rivers(going into HOF) and Patrick Mahomes(league MVP and certainly a great start to his career).

The best QB Joe faced in the NFC was Phil Simms...
To get to his SBs Brady had to go against Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Andrew Luck and Rivers on several occasions. So if you want to play the HOFer postseason matchup game it won't go in Joe's way.

Stick to the different ERA. It's the only argument that cannot be discredited...though Brady did win several Superbowls before the rules were totally changed in favor of the offense.

Oh and Joe did throw an interception in the SB, it just wasn't caught.

Joe Montana > Tom Brady

That's a keeper

Add:

Dear god please stop this stupidity. If you're going to cling on to some hope of keeping Montana the GOAT at least don't add complete ignorance to your post to dumb the post down.

Tuck Rule was an actual rule in the NFL. Tom Brady did not CHEAT with the tuck rule no more than any other team "cheating" when a flag is called for penalties.

And why are we pretending everything else is equal? You guys want to bring up the whole few rules protecting me and my receivers conveniently forgetting the lack of salary cap, the presence of Bill Walsh and the pathetic state of the AFC in that era.

Who were the HOF QBs Joe had to face to get to the SB? Just this year alone Brady had to go through Phil Rivers(going into HOF) and Patrick Mahomes(league MVP and certainly a great start to his career).

The best QB Joe faced in the NFC was Phil Simms...
To get to his SBs Brady had to go against Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Andrew Luck and Rivers on several occasions. So if you want to play the HOFer postseason matchup game it won't go in Joe's way.

Stick to the different ERA. It's the only argument that cannot be discredited...though Brady did win several Superbowls before the rules were totally changed in favor of the offense.

Oh and Joe did throw an interception in the SB, it just wasn't caught.

Your high off your ass if you think Brady is better. He can go to 100 SBs it won't change my mind. I've SEEN them BOTH. Joe is better and makes it look better. Tom Brady is awesome in a watered down version of football. Great!
Share 49erswebzone