LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Montana the 🐐

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

That game against the Eagles (@26:00) was insane! There is NO WAY TB12 could take the beating Joe did and pronounce his name let alone WIN the game.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Found this on Youtube, reminder of the real GOAT.

[ Edited by Buchy on Feb 27, 2019 at 7:40 AM ]
I didnt know brady changed his last name.
Originally posted by thl408:
Always thought GOAT was for the guy that lost it for the team. Should be Best of All Time. Maybe Joe can be Coolest of All Time.

You're thinking scapegoat. Not greatest of all time. And goat sounds better than boat or coat.

Joe montana the 🚤
[ Edited by jonnydel on Feb 27, 2019 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yoi should receive a lifetime ban from this forum for that remark. For real.

I'm not joking. Where do I sign the petition?

Bearing in mind which forum you are in, this one is asking for trouble.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
had we kept joe and traded young to the chiefs for thomas... joe and our team would have won two more super bowls in my opinion. maybe, just maybe, with joe around we could have kept haley. who hated young
Originally posted by jonnydel:

This
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Biggest Games = Montana hands down

Career Stats = Brady and who can argue

Argument:

Montana can play at this era and will put up same stats while The Big Five (Brady - Manning - Brees - Ben - Rogers) could have never put up their best stats during the 80s and the 90s when Defenses were allowed to play.
Hate to say but Brady is the Goat now. but Montana is like right there with him only because you can't beat perfection in the Bowl!

Originally posted by English:
Bearing in mind which forum you are in, this one is asking for trouble.

I'm not one to usually agree with him but come on....

We all love Joe and we all love the niners but at some point let's give respect where it's due. Also don't forget Brady grew up a huge niners fan. Not his fault our own genius didn't see what makes him tick and took Gio Carmazzi over him

Tom Brady has accomplished things that nobody has come even close to. I don't have an issue with people saying Joe played in a different era so you can't compare but as good as Joe was there were things that went in his favor and he was in a great situation for him to have success. Same as Brady in his era but he was dealing with his own challenges and his own benefits but you had Terry Bradshaw also going 4-0 in SBs.

Nobody is close to 9 SB trips(considering that's more than any other franchise not called the Pats) and 6 SB wins is more than any other player.

Shouldn't be anything wrong with saying Brady is the GOAT just cuz it's the 49ers forum.
  • thl408
Always thought GOAT was for the guy that lost it for the team. Should be Best of All Time. Maybe Joe can be Coolest of All Time.

You're thinking scapegoat. Not greatest of all time. And goat sounds better than boat or coat.

Joe montana the 🚤
Your points are well taken, but this can be debated. Boats were the primary mode of transportation that allowed humans to explore new lands. Goats are just food, and in some areas, a method to relieve sexual frustration. Coats keep humans warm. In the end, boats have played a much more critical role in the advancement of the human race.

Montana the BOAT (or COAT). If you want to refer to him as a farm animal go for it but I think that's a form of disrespect.
sadly, its now Brady. but we still have Jerry!

OOoooh, thl has evolved.

Joe montana the 🚤
Your points are well taken, but this can be debated. Boats were the primary mode of transportation that allowed humans to explore new lands. Goats are just food, and in some areas, a method to relieve sexual frustration. Coats keep humans warm. In the end, boats have played a much more critical role in the advancement of the human race.

Montana the BOAT (or COAT). If you want to refer to him as a farm animal go for it but I think that's a form of disrespect.

Share 49ersWebzone