SalePre-order Dwight Clark tribute, "Letters to 87," for only $17.12

There are 137 users in the forums

Montana the 🐐

Why would anyone consider David Carr an expert on great quarterbacks? This list is the equivalent of "The Ten Greatest American Presidents - by Richard Nixon." Not making the list is a badge of honor, really.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Is this the same guy that ranked his brother #4 on his QB rankings last year lol

Failed QB and soon to be failed TV commentator.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
You can argue Brady or Montana. You could even throw in Elway or Unitas. But to say Montana isn't in the top 10 is just stupid. Maybe he doesn't have a top 10 arm but there are many things that go into making a great QB and Montana has nearly every single one. Carr on the other hand only had an arm. Everything else was missing including a brain.

Sounds like the qualifications for being a talking head at NFLM.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
CARR does know how to get the MEDIA's attention, I'll give him that !!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
What is Carr smoking?

Trying a hot take to save his job?

Keep Carr away from anything football related.
I am old enough to have seen nearly every game of Montana's 49ers career.

David Carr was age two when Montana won his first Super Bowl. He was nine years old when Montana won his last Super Bowl. I don't think that it's likely that David Carr is an expert on Joe Montana as a player, even if his family were Niner fans and watched all the games.

He might have gone back and watched every single Joe Montana game, on film. It's possible. Is it likely? I don't think so.
[ Edited by Lurker on May 20, 2019 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Lurker:

David Carr was age two when Montana won his first Super Bowl. He was nine years old when Montana won his last Super Bowl. I don't think that it's likely that David Carr is an expert on Joe Montana as a player, even if his family were Niner fans and watched all the games.

He might have gone back and watched every single Joe Montana game, on film. It's possible. Is it likely? I don't think so.

Thank you! Agreed but still what a doof. I don't care if it's a hot take or not, somebody telling him to say it or not, he still said it. Related to football its one of the most asinine comments I've ever heard. He just looks silly and almost as stupid as saying Moss was better than Rice. Physically more gifted sure but wasted a lot of it apparently because he doesn't come close. I don't watch and haven't watched the NFL Network since 2012. This just keeps me away. Lol

Joe had what Carr could never seem to get about the game, the mental dynamic.
Originally posted by Lurker:

You Nailed it buddy!
For us Niner fans lucky enough to have attended all the games in the 80's or at least seen them, Montana will always be NUMERO UNO. I don't care how many pass him in this era of inflated stats.
Share 49erswebzone