LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Jerick 'Jet' McKinnon is a Chief.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I should not McKinnon has a $2.6M injury guarantee in his deal, if he's not 100% and can pass physical, we're out $2.6M.

Great, one more layer to the s**t sandwich that is "the Jet". Ugh. Should be called "the Jest"
The worst signing. This guy was a Tevin Coleman tier RB before the injury
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 2, 2020 at 12:59 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
There's no room for him - the rotation is already set.

How so?

The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

But, I see your argument - McKinnon can possibly challenge for the 4 spot, if Breida doesn't re-sign.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 2, 2020 at 1:28 AM ]
In Kyle's system all you need is speed at the RB position and to hang onto the football. I hope they never spend a lot of money on a RB. Mostert is an example of this.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
There's no room for him - the rotation is already set.

How so?

The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

But, I see your argument - McKinnon can possibly challenge for the 4 spot, if Breida doesn't re-sign.

I would imagine all would have rotational roles but McKinnon would no doubt be a feature RB receiver in Kyle's offense. Something he's never had here to date. Something that would make life a whole helluva lot easier on Garoppolo.

You saw how successful those designs were for Wilson. Imagine that x5.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 2, 2020 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I should not McKinnon has a $2.6M injury guarantee in his deal, if he's not 100% and can pass physical, we're out $2.6M.

AB---Excuse me if you have answered this before, then what is the least expensive way/process for our front office to rid itself of McK's contract ? Pre-Thanks
I wish we had one true power back for the short yardage situations. When you get down at the goal line and the D can bunch up, that speed doesn't really help that much. I heard there's a 307 lb. RB in the draft this year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I wish we had one true power back for the short yardage situations. When you get down at the goal line and the D can bunch up, that speed doesn't really help that much. I heard there's a 307 lb. RB in the draft this year.

IMO the depth chart should be.

1. Mostert
2. Brieda/draft pick
3. Wilson

Wilson needs to be in there for short yardage.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

If McKinnon is healthy, he's the run away #1 on that rotation. I don't think it would be close.
Originally posted by okdkid:
The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

If McKinnon is healthy, he's the run away #1 on that rotation. I don't think it would be close.

Based on what?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

What you smoking man - that's a crazy thing to say. He'll struggle just to make the rotation.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The rotation:
1 - Coleman
2 - Mostert
3 - Breida
4 - Wilson

Based on what?

Shanahan's unbridled love of all things McKinnon. A healthy McKinnon is the perfect fit for Shanahan. Moreso than any other RB on the roster.
McKinnon has already said he'll do whatever too stay...Restructure his deal, save up $4-5 Mill in space

Release Tevin Coleman and save $4.9 Mill

1. Mostert
2. Breida
3. McKinnon
4. Wilson
Originally posted by Waterbear:
IMO the depth chart should be.

1. Mostert
2. Brieda/draft pick
3. Wilson

Wilson needs to be in there for short yardage.

Sounds good to me except Kyle loves him some Coleman so I have a feeling he'll be here next season too.
Originally posted by 707Niners:
McKinnon has already said he'll do whatever too stay...Restructure his deal, save up $4-5 Mill in space

Release Tevin Coleman and save $4.9 Mill

1. Mostert
2. Breida
3. McKinnon
4. Wilson

Yeah see I am not down with this in the slightest bit. First off, McKinnon would have to be playing on a minimum deal for me to even consider bringing him back. Secondly, if bringing McKinnon back meant cutting Coleman, then absolutely not.

What is this infatuation we have with McKinnon? Is it just because Kyle seems to like him? He hasnt averaged over 3.8 yards per carry since 2015, when he had a grand total of 52 carries. This is an easy cut IMO. He cant stay healthy, and hasnt really been all that good even when he was.
Share 49ersWebzone