LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Jerick 'Jet' McKinnon is a Chief.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
he was average at best, even before the injury..

This , lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Should just release him now with an injury settlement. That's where it's leading towards anyways - guy is just stealing money.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Any reports on his progress?

My guess is they ease him back in and they will have him inactive on game day until week 5 against the Browns. No point in rushing him back when we have Coleman, Breida and Mostert holding it down

Good call!
I'm so glad we signed Coleman. He will probably be more productive than McKinnon anyways
Originally posted by braap49er:
I'm so glad we signed Coleman. He will probably be more productive than McKinnon anyways

People may not agree with this but as the season went on, if he was healthy. Brieda would have probably contributed more in the run game while.mckinnon in the pass game
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
Originally posted by 9moon:
he was average at best, even before the injury..

This , lol
Not this, lol. He's an excellent receiver and route runner, with take-it-to-the-house speed. An offensive weapon.

Without further medical evidence, he should be ready for the regular season.

Here's hoping.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Not this, lol. He's an excellent receiver and route runner, with take-it-to-the-house speed. An offensive weapon.

Without further medical evidence, he should be ready for the regular season.

Here's hoping.

He was not that good before his injury, Coleman did more than him even in a timeshare and only getting like 10 touches a game. He's a great receiver no doubt but theres more to being a rb than just pass catching.
[ Edited by 49ers90sBaby on Jul 26, 2019 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Should just release him now with an injury settlement. That's where it's leading towards anyways - guy is just stealing money.

cost more money to cut him then to keep him on the team this yr....what you don't think he's gonna play at all this yr because of a "flair up" dude could be taken off the PUP list tomorrow. It's TC and we have a billion RBs on the roster.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Not sure what's alarming about this news. They basically said he'd be back in a couple weeks. Dude tore his ACL and plays a position with greater agility demands than Garoppolo. Injuries will happen throughout the year. He will get a ton of snaps one way or another.
He was not that good before his injury, Coleman did more than him even in a timeshare and only getting like 10 touches a game. He's a great receiver no doubt but theres more to being a rb than just pass catching.

He's a top pass-blocker and he allowed Kyle to rock his 21 personnel to the fullest....he was all about scheme and system. Throw in his athletic profile I understood the reason for bringing him in, maybe not the $ though

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's a top pass-blocker and he allowed Kyle to rock his 21 personnel to the fullest....he was all about scheme and system. Throw in his athletic profile I understood the reason for bringing him in, maybe not the $ though

He was not worth that money , the other two do the same if not better and they are getting paid less. Not discrediting him, hes a good player but 30 million for an unproven player is crazy.
The whole package makes him a better system fit than typical running backs. Coleman is good too.

You're dissing a good back whose fighting back from a tough injury--but to each his own.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mayo49:

cost more money to cut him then to keep him on the team this yr....what you don't think he's gonna play at all this yr because of a "flair up" dude could be taken off the PUP list tomorrow. It's TC and we have a billion RBs on the roster.

Yeah, I know - I'm just venting my frustration. Hopefully, he comes off the PUP soon and can contribute to the team this year.
  • evil
  • Veteran

And some players perform better in certain schemes as opposed to others. Just like some coaches know how to better take advantage of a players skill set and get better production than other coaches.

The Shanahan zone scheme has a lengthy history of finding mid to late round backs and getting good production out of them.

His history before SF showed a player who was good in pass pro, was a good route runner and pass catcher but left something to be desired toting the rock.

Nobody here has a clue as to whether he would be a much better runner out of this scheme or not as he was hurt before we ever got a chance to see him with our own eyes. But there was a large assumption that he would disappoint while disregarding Shanahan's offensive prowess and the Shanahan zone scheme. I prefer to take the wait and see approach as opposed to drawing definitive conclusions before he played in any actual games for us.

Hopefully he will be ready to go sooner than later and gets a chance to compete. We will see if post injury, he can make a mark here or not.
  • napo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
good trick in doing that when he is the pup list.. good god, terrible signing

Derp
over paid.. done nothing.. is not on the horizon to do anything in the near future... sorry. cc said nothing wrong

Point 1 That 3rd person stuff is really weird

Point 2 It's crazy convenient to peg it as a horrible signing because of injury. Did you think he was going to get hurt right when we signed him?

Jimmy thinks it's ok to use the 3rd person. Jimmy thinks being injury prone is no reason not to get a huge payday.
Share 49ersWebzone