LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
CC should be happy now. Then again, I've never seen him happy.

I have. It was nice.

And I like the signing.

if you guys read my posts..you may be shocked to know i was totally calm after missing out on three guys yesterday. this is a great great signing. he still has to beat out kilgore and sure i liked the iowa center but in a real position of need it makes so much sense to get a vet and not a rookie here in this important spot.. i know jimmy liked kilgore and i am sure he will be a respectable back up. but jimmy should love this signing. good job
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So most likely, Kilgore moves to G, where he was originally sloted coming out in the draft...?

Kilgore lacks the athletesism needed for guard.

Kilgore also lacks the power to run block...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
I envision Kilgore getting blown off the LOS as a RG. Lol

but as long as he's still between the QB and the dlineman, Jimmy still has a chance to get the pass off.

I think Kilgore is going to be a good solid backup. He's not good at any one position, but he's not bad at any either.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
He's the player most here wanted the year we drafted Marcus Martin.

i can not remember. are you telling me , this guy was in the same draft class as martin? and we passed

Maybe Kilgore moves to Guard?
Kilgore has to move to guard
Originally posted by cciowa:
i can not remember. are you telling me , this guy was in the same draft class as martin? and we passed

He went before Martin IIRC
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:

If Kilgore lacks the power at C imagine him at G...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arsenal2004:
Oh okay, that's a little concerning, it'll be interesting to see if he can move passed the concussion issue.

The Giants were tanking and basically banished him.

i heard that to. he was not being treated the way he thought he should be. maybe thats just blather but i will gladly take him.

• jcs
  • Veteran
49ers Headquarters this morning...

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Fresh49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
wasn't the Giants O-line TERRIBLE last season??

Um yea, about that, I was jus thinking the same.

I think that whole team was terrible, but I trust Kyle to pick his guy. I didn't think Goodwin would amount to anything, and i was wrong.

To be fair they were terrible because he was missing. He got a concussion early after two years injury free. It seems they handled it the right way and sat him for the whole year so hopefully it doesn't lead to future issues. There were rumblings that he was among the future elite at the center position before he went down. It seems like Kilgore has increasing odds of being a back up center and starting guard...but I imagine camp and the draft still have a lot to say about that.

Nice to have two NFL proven centers. Both have OL flexibility which is great.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Nelson is off the board IMO

Not necessarily. Richburg is a C, not a G.

i think if anything. my draft crush, the center from iowa is off the board but oh well.. you need a quality vet in this key position. ask brodie spurrier and plunket in the forest blue days
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by CityKing415:

If Kilgore lacks the power at C imagine him at G...

Maybe there's an out in the Kilgore contract (in regards to guaranteed money) and he may get cut after training camp/preseason if he doesn't play well.
Ill take all the quality offensive lineman we can get lol I am glad our guys think about culture and scheme fit more than anything else.
Share 49ersWebzone