There are 241 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He was one of my draft crushes a few years back. I didn't follow him in NY, but I remember a few adjectives I used to describe him as a prospect: tough, gritty--lunchpail guy. Leader. Athletic. Only 298 lbs. Classic Shanahan ZBS OL.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 13, 2018 at 8:02 AM ]
Richburg was considered one of the best center prospects for the 2014 NFL Draft.[5] He was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft, becoming the most recent Colorado State offensive lineman to be selected in an NFL Draft, following Shelley Smith in 2010.

] Due to numerous injuries to offensive lineman in his rookie season, most notably to guards Chris Snee and Geoff Schwartz, Richburg, despite initially intended as the backup center in his rookie season, was forced to play out of position at guard. Because of his limited experience and relatively small size for the position, he struggled. In 2015, Richburg was returned to his natural position of center, and with a year of NFL experience under his belt, he soon showed himself to be among the league's best centers; Pro Football Focus ranked him as the NFL's #2 center for the 2015 season.
Geoff Schwartz former oline now analyst loves this move as do I. It's well documented I preferred both him and Pugh over Norwell who was a bad fit and getting overpaid.
Originally posted by Giedi:
CC should be happy now. Then again, I've never seen him happy.

I have. It was nice.

And I like the signing.
Eat your heart out, Aaron Dolan.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fresh49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
wasn't the Giants O-line TERRIBLE last season??

Um yea, about that, I was jus thinking the same.

I think that whole team was terrible, but I trust Kyle to pick his guy. I didn't think Goodwin would amount to anything, and i was wrong.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Richburg was considered one of the best center prospects for the 2014 NFL Draft.[5] He was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft, becoming the most recent Colorado State offensive lineman to be selected in an NFL Draft, following Shelley Smith in 2010.

] Due to numerous injuries to offensive lineman in his rookie season, most notably to guards Chris Snee and Geoff Schwartz, Richburg, despite initially intended as the backup center in his rookie season, was forced to play out of position at guard. Because of his limited experience and relatively small size for the position, he struggled. In 2015, Richburg was returned to his natural position of center, and with a year of NFL experience under his belt, he soon showed himself to be among the league's best centers; Pro Football Focus ranked him as the NFL's #2 center for the 2015 season.

If you remember right, Marcus Martin and him were the two best rated centers going into that draft lol.
Giving jimmy g more time to carve defenses, I liiike it ahhlot
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Geoff Schwartz former oline now analyst loves this move as do I. It's well documented I preferred both him and Pugh over Norwell who was a bad fit and getting overpaid.

Can you imagine if somehow we signed Pugh....
So Giants lose Richburg and miss out on Norwell. Good luck Eli. Maybe more Oreo commercials in your future.

He will be our Alex Mack and our best center since Jeremy Newberry IMO. Although, I suspect he may start at guard for 2018 and eventually replace Kilgore at center....
Originally posted by Rathof44:
So Giants lose Richburg and miss out on Norwell. Good luck Eli. Maybe more Oreo commercials in your future.

If they don't bring back Pugh they are in big doodoo
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

So most likely, Kilgore moves to G, where he was originally sloted coming out in the draft...?
Nice
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So most likely, Kilgore moves to G, where he was originally sloted coming out in the draft...?

Kilgore lacks the athletesism needed for guard.
Share 49ersWebzone