LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
That's why we signed Long and already have Garland. It's a damn shame that pass protection will suffer now right up the middle like always. At least now Jimmy has Trent Taylor and McKinnon to dump it off to quickly

Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't mind Long or Garland over Richburg at this point. Richburg's stock is way down after this injury - probably won't be the same player.

Well, Mayo at least we got some damn long news! Unbelievable what the hell. He was really good depth and a very decent pass blocking interior lineman.

Yeah, I liked Long - too, bad he didn't want to play anymore. I'm really hoping Richburg at least can start again, otherwise I'm good with Garland or however else they get.
Yea this guy is a total liability. we need a real center. This is position way too important. we need to spend some draft capital or dip into FA next year to sure up this position.
Why are we s**t'n on Richburg...I thought it was understood at the time of his injury that the full recovery would be well past TC and into the season.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 18, 2020 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Why are s**t'n on Richburg...I thought it was understood at the time of his injury that the full recovery would be well past TC and into the season.

Nope. All 9er reports were he'd be ready for TC. Fans believed that too which was LOL.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So can we finally put the debate to rest that Richburg is a dependable starter? If he's on the PUP now that means he'll miss six weeks. I say we move on, have a real battle for OC and there needs to be some realistic talk about the OL possibly struggling a bit at the start because we don't have starter quality personnel at OC.

That's why we signed Long...

Well....

LOL

Yeah Long is the same o r less than Garland. Seems like we were really hoping Richburg was going to come back in time (like last season).

Probably true. But now there's no (body) behind Garland so Brunskill confirmed he's now sliding over to learn more about the C position and he talked about the difference in requirements and techniques.
Why are s**t'n on Richburg...I thought it was understood at the time of his injury that the full recovery would be well past TC and into the season.

Nope. All 9er reports were he'd be ready for TC. Fans believed that too which was LOL.

Like last year when people were freaking out that he wouldn't when they said he would, and he was ready? It goes both ways
So can we finally put the debate to rest that Richburg is a dependable starter? If he's on the PUP now that means he'll miss six weeks. I say we move on, have a real battle for OC and there needs to be some realistic talk about the OL possibly struggling a bit at the start because we don't have starter quality personnel at OC.

That's why we signed Long...

Well....

LOL

Yeah Long is the same o r less than Garland. Seems like we were really hoping Richburg was going to come back in time (like last season).
Should scratch off Richburg. Anyway we went to Super Bowl last year without him plus our O-line was much s**ttier. Staley's injured more than half of the season, we have a rookie and a guy we picked up from the street started for us, etc., etc. If on a piece of paper you're going to make a 2 row list of oline players, one row is last year's and the other is this year, the difference is so obvious that this year is much better. Garland, who did the center last year, have at least gained a needed experience so that will help a lot too. The same with Brunskill, got that experience under his belt. Plus, if Mckivits can bring his own.....ohh I forgot to mention Trent!
If Richburg can't go to begin the season I wouldn't mind seeing Brunskill at C and McKivitz at RG or vice versa. Wherever they fit best. They are the two I'd like to see win jobs though. Keep Skule as the swing tackle and Compton as the IOL backup

I almost forgot about Garland. He'd be the backup C for sure. I think it comes down to Garland and Compton for the last OL spot on the 53. If Richburg can't go they both make it

LT- TW/ Skule
LG- LT/ Compton
C- Richburg (PUP) Brunskill/ Garland
RG- McKivitz
RT- McGlinchey

Skule and Compton could also backup the right side, wherever they're needed if injuries occur
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Aug 18, 2020 at 9:43 AM ]
Center should be a priority for us in the next draft. Not necessarily in the first round but they need to get someone that's young and can play a few years to anchor he line. I'm tired of these older vets that can't stay on the field because they're all beat up.
This is shaping up to be the best OL we've had in years. Kinda funny to say with no Staley but the depth is better than it's been in a long time

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Center should be a priority for us in the next draft. Not necessarily in the first round but they need to get someone that's young and can play a few years to anchor he line. I'm tired of these older vets that can't stay on the field because they're all beat up.

I agree. Kyle really values the C position as well
Originally posted by Howlett49:
If Richburg can't go to begin the season I wouldn't mind seeing Brunskill at C and McKivitz at RG or vice versa. Wherever they fit best. They are the two I'd like to see win jobs though. Keep Skule as the swing tackle and Compton as the IOL backup

I almost forgot about Garland. He'd be the backup C for sure. I think it comes down to Garland and Compton for the last OL spot on the 53. If Richburg can't go they both make it

LT- TW/ Skule
LG- LT/ Compton
RG- McKivitz
RT- McGlinchey

Skule and Compton could also backup the right side, wherever they're needed if injuries occur

This is the best lineup we can put out there as of right now, If Compton wins the battle in camp we are in trouble. Also Brunskill over Garland would be better but realistically its not saying much neither shined last year our only hope is that the experience they learned carries over and we see improvement this year. This doesnt negate the fact that the Niners need to invest in to the IOL asap!
Originally posted by SF9er05:

LT- TW/ Skule
LG- LT/ Compton
RG- McKivitz
RT- McGlinchey

This is the best lineup we can put out there as of right now, If Compton wins the battle in camp we are in trouble. Also Brunskill over Garland would be better but realistically its not saying much neither shined last year our only hope is that the experience they learned carries over and we see improvement this year. This doesnt negate the fact that the Niners need to invest in to the IOL asap!

A little late for that, unfortunately.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Like last year when people were freaking out that he wouldn't when they said he would, and he was ready? It goes both ways

That wasn't as serious of an injury and timetable but your point is still valid.
This is shaping up to be the best OL we've had in years. Kinda funny to say with no Staley but the depth is better than it's been in a long time

Ummm. Really?
Share 49ersWebzone