There are 96 users in the forums

Weston Richburg

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I personally don't think there's a lower leg sports injury as serious as a Patella tear. I don't think Richburg will ever be the same an I'm not sure he will be on the team come game time. It's been very rare that a football player let alone an offensive lineman has returned from patella injury. We can hear all the anecdotal "il be ready by camp" stuff we want but that's a crazy serious Injury for a 300lber.

We have got to draft some olineman

We all need to prepare for this.

Yikes. I don't want to think about this. Possibly no Joe and no Richburg. Coupled with a loss of Defo and a mediocre FA.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Yikes. I don't want to think about this. Possibly no Joe and no Richburg. Coupled with a loss of Defo and a mediocre FA.

They certainly have the opportunity to shore up their OL for next season through the draft. They are in position to have a shot at one of the top tackles and will have additional picks to add a center with.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
With the Richburg restructure on his contract, he is basically not cut able for a year or two. Didn't the team restructure his contract after his injury? If so, it seems they have to think he will get back from this injury. We could pretty much get out of his deal after the 2020 season, and start saving some money if Richburg continues to be hurt, or if he comes back and is a shell of his former self.

This is why to me we need to trade down from 13, and get more round 2-4 picks. With what ever 1st round pick we slide down to from 13, that is where I would look to get a top CB, Sherman+Witherspoon are FA's, and I think we only have Moseley under control for 1 more season? CB is gonna be a huge need, with our 31 pick, I would look to get Ruiz. Ruiz can play RG if Richburg is healthy, or he can battle Garland for the Center spot if Richburg is hurt. Ruiz gives us an elite IOL going forward, and that is what we need with no current starting RG, and questions at Center. OT to me is fine right now, because we have Staley+McGlinchey, Brunskill looked good their last year, and we also have Coleman who they like, and Skule as emergency depth.
Agreed.
After WR, center is the thing, OT is not.
We may have a second draft before NFL hits the field again.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Agreed.
After WR, center is the thing, OT is not.
We may have a second draft before NFL hits the field again.

Yes, and that awful thot is a reason i was more inclined to shoot for a starter OL at #13, and then when a stellar WR is there, trade down no more than a couple slots for another pick in rd 2, and nail down that starter OL. We still have TT who was a favorite of JG while healthy, and Hurd. If those guys are healthy, then we don't need that shinny WR. If neither is ready to go, that's different.

Let's not forget that we have 4-5 other guys, excellent receivers all...au Jus, kittle, brieda, Bourne, and Deebo.

Then if in JL's opinion, there is another starter OL at #31, plan to take him, but if it looks like he could last another few slots, trade down for another pick and then take that OL. Or, if there is an OL sleeper that JL likes in rd 2, trade down all the way to where he is, (probably would be starter material, but needs a yr), and then take him also..along with an extra ick or two. We took WRs in both rds 1 and 2 last yr, when we needed QB protection for pass pro. We didn't and Jimmy got hammered last yr, esp in SB. So it isn't that this is a leap of faith. This is a necessity to prolong the good health and longevity of our FR Qb. Picking WRs is fine, but not when your QB is obviously getting rammycackled every time he drops back to pass.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 5, 2020 at 8:43 PM ]
When did Richburg tear his patellar, and when did he restructure his deal?
Hope he can come back healthy this year
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

They certainly have the opportunity to shore up their OL for next season through the draft. They are in position to have a shot at one of the top tackles and will have additional picks to add a center with.

Agree

Great news
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Great news

So I would assume they feel good about the tendon and how he should bounce back. Well hoping at least lol

Said everyone.
Every year.

• irief
  • Veteran

Said everyone.
Every year.

Agreed. This is a major injury that atheletes have a tough time coming back from. I wouldn't count on him. Consider Center a need at this point.

Said everyone.
Every year.

Would Kilgore be as good or better as Garland in this scheme?
I agree interior offensive line is an area where the team should look to find upgrades, but early in the draft? I'm not so sure there is value there. If we are talking early in the draft, my top priority areas would be CB and WR, with OT on the list should a good one slide to them.

I love the reporting and misinformation going around right now. The following things are or have been said:

- The 49ers are desperate for a replacement for Buckner, looking at Kinlaw.
- The 49ers are going to target a WR early.
- The 49ers are looking to trade the 31st pick.
- The 49ers are looking to trade down with both 1st round picks.
- The 49ers are looking to trade Breida.
- The 49ers are looking to trade Coleman and keep Breida.
- The 49ers are looking to trade Ford, Tartt, and Alexander.

It's hilarious, really. I've bolded the one I believe the most simply because they need to maintain a good cycle of players coming in and leaving their roster. They have cap space issues and the number one way you can maintain it is to keep a steady stream of younger and cheaper players [with talent] coming through.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 20, 2020 at 4:03 PM ]
Hope and pray.
Just draft a center. Why hope and pray that he'll be ready?

TBH....and I don't like saying it. But it is likely he will re-injure himself again.
Share 49erswebzone