There are 250 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trade Kilgore.
Anyone notices that people here desperately put players off theior best positions to find a spot for a sub average player?
My solution: Trade or release him and get another G in FA or via Draft.
Wonder what the contract looks like. I'm hoping for no more than $8M a year. But if it's more than that I'll wait for more details. I was hoping for $8-9M for Sherman, ended up being $13M and had a panic attack, only to get the details and find out it was really a steal.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think if anything. my draft crush, the center from iowa is off the board but oh well.. you need a quality vet in this key position. ask brodie spurrier and plunket in the forest blue days

I agree with that. I also think the 49ers sign another guard. It could be re-signing Fusco or a veteran like Kline.
Kilgore is a backup at best. Probably just have him in competition with Garnett and Tomlinson for guard spots
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Kilgore has to move to guard

If Kilgore lacks the power at C imagine him at G...

we can always move eli to guard
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
SUPPERBAWLS!!!!
If he pushes Kilgore to backup C, this is an excellent move for the long term. If he's slated to play G, clearly not as good there but we'll have to see how he adapts to Kyle's offense. TBD.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah they'll say that because there was no guarantee at the time of the Kilgore deal that we'd sign any FA centre. Richburg is in the mix for Centre.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
i think if anything. my draft crush, the center from iowa is off the board but oh well.. you need a quality vet in this key position. ask brodie spurrier and plunket in the forest blue days

I agree with that. I also think the 49ers sign another guard. It could be re-signing Fusco or a veteran like Kline.

Agreed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

thats fine with me!

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This makes the most sense. 49ers probably had an idea that they were gonna target Richburg in FA so if they envisioned him as a C then why re-sign Kilgore?

Jimmy G and Kilgore already have chemistry. Richburgh starts off at G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_--OxGZ-U
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Trade Kilgore.
Anyone notices that people here desperately put players off theior best positions to find a spot for a sub average player?
My solution: Trade or release him and get another G in FA or via Draft.

After or on draft day
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like the signing, will start at Guard but if Kilgore starts to screw up in goes Richburgh!!!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Kilgore bye bye 😀

Depth, maybe Guard. They just extended him, he's here for one more year at least.
Share 49ersWebzone