LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Weston Richburg (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Stud:
So nobody is going to talk about this guy's idiotic penalties that pushed us from the Houston 7 to the 32 in one play? Hope this isn't a sign to come for the season.

You could almost blame the interception on him.

Because the first penalty on him seemed like it was absolute BS, much like the phantom holding call on Coleman later in the game. They didn't show the second penalty on Richburg but my guess it was him cussing out the refs for the original garbage call.

In any case he doesn't have a history of being a penalty prone player so meh. If you're going to lay into the refs hard enough to get a penalty called on you, might as well let it be in the preseason.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So nobody is going to talk about this guy's idiotic penalties that pushed us from the Houston 7 to the 32 in one play? Hope this isn't a sign to come for the season.

Because the first penalty on him seemed like it was absolute BS, much like the phantom holding call on Coleman later in the game. They didn't show the second penalty on Richburg but my guess it was him cussing out the refs for the original garbage call.

In any case he doesn't have a history of being a penalty prone player so meh. If you're going to lay into the refs hard enough to get a penalty called on you, might as well let it be in the preseason.

This

Yeah, I think he needs to work on his follow through

Should have never even been called for holding in the first place. Whole sequence should have never happened.

Agree
Killed the mojo and set Jimmy up to finish on a dark note.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Should have never even been called for holding in the first place. Whole sequence should have never happened.

This.

I was at the game and the Texans were shoving their fist in the offensive linemen's face all game. Richburg didn't hold on the play but I believe the guard did and that was the actual holding penalty. The ref just called the wrong number when he made the announcement. I'm wondering if the 15 yarder had to do with a snide remark. I know I'd thrown out one of those if had someone picking my nose the whole game right in front of the official's.

The officiating was horrible. Everyone (Texans and 49ers) were b***hing about it. There were non-PI calls that caused a lot of issues on both sides and when the refs went into halftime, they made a decision to start calling the game differently. Most likely because someone up stairs told them to clean it up and they were embarrassing themselves.

Unfortunately, in the second half, they put on their best PAC-12 crew impersonation.
  • Stud
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Yeah, I think he needs to work on his follow through

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Agree
Killed the mojo and set Jimmy up to finish on a dark note.

100%!!

He single-handedly killed the drive and put massive pressure onto Jimmy to have to crawl out of such a deep hole to keep the chains moving which caused the pick.

I was livid with his antic. He better not make it a habit!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:

This.

I was at the game and the Texans were shoving their fist in the offensive linemen's face all game. Richburg didn't hold on the play but I believe the guard did and that was the actual holding penalty. The ref just called the wrong number when he made the announcement. I'm wondering if the 15 yarder had to do with a snide remark. I know I'd thrown out one of those if had someone picking my nose the whole game right in front of the official's.

The officiating was horrible. Everyone (Texans and 49ers) were b***hing about it. There were non-PI calls that caused a lot of issues on both sides and when the refs went into halftime, they made a decision to start calling the game differently. Most likely because someone up stairs told them to clean it up and they were embarrassing themselves.

Unfortunately, in the second half, they put on their best PAC-12 crew impersonation.

Thanks for the insight. On replay, I couldn't see any holds by Richburg.
Needs to do a better job at communicating at the line saw him get lazy at times and lunge at the defender instead of moving his feet IMO

It doesn't matter whether the holding call was a good or bad call, the unsportsman-like conduct penalty was bad. These 15 yard penalties against the offense are often drive killers. It was only pre season so I am not going to over react. I certainly won't be happy if I see these penalties in the regular season.
He's played well I guess people are just pissed becuase of those 2 penalties
  • Stud
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It started a bad sequence of events. I know it's just preseason but it was annoying.
Hopefully he cleans up the penalties, I know it was 2 plays but it prevented us from having a good shot at a TD. That would be terrible when games matter.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Define "well"
Share 49ersWebzone