LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Any updates on improving shade areas at Levi's Stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jojonavy:
Hey fellow faithful, was wondering if anyone has any updates on the 49er's plans to improve shade at Levi's stadium. I'm in the process of buying SBL in section 221 for season tickets, the only thing that really irks me is that there isn't shade for day games . Freaking Romans figured it out in the original Coliseum 2000 years ago, you would think the 49ers brass can.

bring lots of water to drink, a hat to cover your face, sunscreen, and one of those spray bottle fans that you can use to squirt yourself with water
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Hey fellow faithful, was wondering if anyone has any updates on the 49er's plans to improve shade at Levi's stadium. I'm in the process of buying SBL in section 221 for season tickets, the only thing that really irks me is that there isn't shade for day games . Freaking Romans figured it out in the original Coliseum 2000 years ago, you would think the 49ers brass can.

bring lots of water to drink, a hat to cover your face, sunscreen, and one of those spray bottle fans that you can use to squirt yourself with water

Just do what everyone else does and hide in the concourse.
Originally posted by jcs:

lol..i wonder if the same people complain about the sun at the beach ?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

true, you can still watch the game on tv there
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Is there a large body of water I can get in whenever I want at the stadium?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Is there a large body of water I can get in whenever I want at the stadium?

There is a nasty creek in front of the stadium you can try....
Put on some sun screen, wear a hat and glasses and man up.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Put on some sun screen, wear a hat and glasses and man up.

Just like this guy...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2014/08/17/49ers-fan-dies-after-collapsing-at-levis-stadium-opener/
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM ]
LOL. Yorks are not going to put money into that. Put your sunscreen on and drink some water. Wear a hat. Is it really that bad? The Bay Area doesn't even get that hot does it? It's not hot like here in Southern CA. I realize the new location is hotter than the Bay old location. But how bad can it be? Maybe I am wrong. IDK about this one. I have never been to the new stadium. But I would like to go at some point eventually.

Or just watch from the comfort of your own home.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks are not going to put money into that. Put your sunscreen on and drink some water. Wear a hat. Is it really that bad? The Bay Area doesn't even get that hot does it? It's not hot like here in Southern CA. I realize the new location is hotter than the Bay old location. But how bad can it be? Maybe I am wrong. IDK about this one. I have never been to the new stadium. But I would like to go at some point eventually.

There's something wrong with the design of that stadium. There are reports that it was a retread design that was intended for candlestick with the breeze. Levis in Santa Clara just absorbs the heat and keeps it trapped, it's also facing the wrong way so you get hit by the sun in early games. Not a fan, always buy my tickets under the shade.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 10, 2018 at 7:55 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ur only hope for shade is to stand in jed's huge shadow.
Levi Stadium should build a big tarp that looks like a pair of the front of Jeans. Then have it connect in the middle like a big zipper.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Levi Stadium should build a big tarp that looks like a pair of the front of Jeans. Then have it connect in the middle like a big zipper.

And there could be spirinklers that come out the zipper to hose down the fans.
They accomplished this in 70A.D. You would think they could figure something out now. Jed just needs to think of himself as Caesar ... lol.

Share 49ersWebzone