There are 263 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Niners418:
RB room is in great shape. Two high level backs in Wilson + Mostert. Hasty could be a real good 3rd back and we'll add depth late in the draft I'm sure.

Great point about Hasty being a McKinnon 2.0 -- I agree.

Excellent call!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
He was scheduled to be a RFA, I'd actually be surprised if the deal is for the league minimum of $920K, but stranger things have happened. Either way he wasn't getting a GTD salary as a RFA unless he signed a multi year deal, now next offseason, he'll get GTD money if he plays well for a 3rd yr in a row, as you have to remember 2019 he was good in the limited playing time he got, 2020 he was even better, 2021 who knows how good he'll be, It'll be fun to see in camp & preseason(if there is one) to see Mostert & Wilson battling it out for the top RB spot, at first I thought maybe Mostert would be the main guy, and would be extended, but with the way 2020 played out, they'd be best not to extend him.

Clarifying if they used a RFA tender it would be $2ish million salary this season as that is the original round tender(could not find the info for first refusal) then he could shop for a contract. Because i do not see them using the 2nd round tender.

Or they do not tender him and he can go wherever he pleases.
This guy's been kind of a TD-scoring machine. Glad he's back.
Congratulations!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wilson is a keeper - glad to have him back.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

• 9moon
  • Veteran

HE really played well towards the end of the year, but I thought it was a better idea to give him a 2 to 3 year deal...

The Thunder & Lightning Attack !!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

HE really played well towards the end of the year, but I thought it was a better idea to give him a 2 to 3 year deal...

Have they published the details of his contract yet? There is still a possibility, I think, that ShanaLynch will have some sort of exclusive rights after his one year?
Originally posted by Heroism:

Good for Wilson, I thought they may have tendered him at the 2nd-round level, which would have been around $3.384M, surprised he was gonna be tendered at original round level of $2.133M, cause they could have lost him washout receiving a pick.

I am sure they wouldhave loved that, but why would he do it?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

NO DOUBT that he would sign for more than 1 year because his value can easily drop back down if Shanny decides not to use him or get him the ball enough..

Can you imagine if this guy runs for over 1400 yards he'll be a hot commodity..

NO DOUBT that he would sign for more than 1 year because his value can easily drop back down if Shanny decides not to use him or get him the ball enough..

Not every player, especially RFAs, sign more than 1yr deals, he likely wants to bet on himself, it happens all the time in the NFL. Mostert was a rare occasion where a RFA signed a multi year deal. If he goes off for 1400 yards, then he'll be extended, but I doubt we see a 1000 yard rusher under Kyle, he rotates his backs, uses up to 3 a game, plus we don't know if they offered a multi year deal or not, plus no guarantee he would sign a multi year deal, same as the draft, tired of people saying we could have gotten so and so later, no guarantee.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Not every player, especially RFAs, sign more than 1yr deals, he likely wants to bet on himself, it happens all the time in the NFL. Mostert was a rare occasion where a RFA signed a multi year deal. If he goes off for 1400 yards, then he'll be extended, but I doubt we see a 1000 yard rusher under Kyle, he rotates his backs, uses up to 3 a game, plus we don't know if they offered a multi year deal or not, plus no guarantee he would sign a multi year deal, same as the draft, tired of people saying we could have gotten so and so later, no guarantee.

This could eventually turn into a Breida situation (*if* J. Wilson and 49ers agree to an extension after his one year). Man I love how Kyle can get UDFA Arby's and turn them into draft picks.

If HE signs a deal now he is leaving a lot of money off the table.
4 years for $8m up to $12m. Or 1 year at 2-3.5 and then free agency.

If he signs the 4 year deal, he can be franchised and make it a 6 year deal for $42m and no guarantees.

He signs the 1 year deal then can negotiate with a bigger salary cap, and he would be ok with a $12m(?) Franchise tag. Or he gets to test FA. Even if it is a tad more than coleman he still gets way more than 4 years $10ish million. The floor would likely be 4yrs $16m, making this a 5yr $19m move at the bottom. If he goes off like mostert last year he could get 3yr $18m next offseason(plus fluff at the end)
Share 49ersWebzone