LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wilson is a lot more available than Mostert and a more durable runner.

AINT RUNNIN NO 4.3!!!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Ideally you utilize both. Mosert for his explosiveness, Wilson for his physicality and willingness to give and absorb contact.

Exactly. They're a perfect balance. Add in a speed back like Hasty and more competition then we're good.
Originally posted by Niners418:

Ideally you utilize both. Mosert for his explosiveness, Wilson for his physicality and willingness to give and absorb contact.

Exactly. They're a perfect balance. Add in a speed back like Hasty and more competition then we're good.

Hasty isnt a speed back. Hes got good phone booth quickness but he doesn't have a gear to him.

But I agree, Mostert and Wilson are perfect together.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by Niners418:

Hasty isnt a speed back. Hes got good phone booth quickness but he doesn't have a gear to him.

But I agree, Mostert and Wilson are perfect together.
Yeah Hasty is more like a stop and go, quick like a cat RB. Wouldn't classify him as a speed back
Should be our RB1 next year with Mostert coming in off the bench
Guy just runs hard. Covers up the ball through contact. A good receiver out of the backfield. Really good fit in this scheme.

Yeah they each should get 10-15 carries/touches.
And i feel they need to get a big back, 225-235lbs. Doesnt need to be fast, just able to hit the hole, get 4 brutal ypc. Get him the ball 5-10 times. You would have 3 different backs that compliment each other.
Wilson is running faster than before.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Biggest wish: Running back

There is no question that Kyle Shanahan's system has been able to squeeze elite production from a pedestrian collection of running backs, but the 49ers' offense could go to the next level by acquiring a five-star runner to handle the RB1 duties. And it isn't necessary for San Francisco to expend a first-round pick on a running back in order to find a star. The 2021 RB class will feature enough blue-chip playmakers for the team to acquire a potential marquee runner on Day 2. Given the success of Dalvin Cook and Cam Akers (former Day 2 picks) in Shanahan-like schemes, the 49ers should make adding a dynamic running back a top offseason priority.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-wish-list-biggest-needs-for-11-teams-already-eliminated-from-playoffs

Bucky, C'Mon man. RB is the team's biggest need?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:

Yes Yes !! I agree.. let the physical RB tire out the D then Mostert speed to kill them off !!

Thunder and Lightning !!!!

I love what WIlson Jr has done with his chances. He has earned the chance to be back next year and even earned the chance for a starting role. I don't know what will happen next season all i know is for sure our starting backs next year should be Mostert and WIlson Jr and Juice. I think Coleman and Mckinnon are expendable now. Keep Hasty as a 3rd stringer and assuming all 4 are healthy big things will happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:

Yes Yes !! I agree.. let the physical RB tire out the D then Mostert speed to kill them off !!

Thunder and Lightning !!!!

Agree, Wilson shoud start with Mostert backing him up.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Wonder if this guy is gonna ask for a raise
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Type of guy you love to root for
He's proving to be RB1. I've always thought he was underutilized but I didn't think he would be this good. He should be our lead back with Mostert as the backup who can take any play to the house.
Share 49ersWebzone