LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Another example of why I would never advocate spending anything other than day three pick on a RB in this system. Kyle and Bobby Turner will find another another UDFA RB this offseason.

Same reason why we don't need to spend $$$ in free agency like we have in the past (Jet, Coleman).

Mostert, Wilson are more than capable of holding down 1 and 2 spots.

Mostert, Wilson and Hasty is a nice trio IMO, with Juice back at FB, I'd tender Wilson at the 2nd Rd level as a RFA so we don't lose him for nothing as a RFA.
Love this guy. Plays hard every snap. Doesn't take s**t for granted
I think this dude may have just won me my fantasy Championship
Originally posted by BYisGod:
I've always loved Wilson. One cut and go. That's his style, and it works perfectly in this offense.

Anyone else notice that his TD catch today came on the same exact play as his game-winning TD catch against AZ last year?

Yup! Brought back that memory for sure... Arizona did an all out blitz and Jimmy hit him
Should be starting over Mostert
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This man is a beast!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Another example of why I would never advocate spending anything other than day three pick on a RB in this system. Kyle and Bobby Turner will find another another UDFA RB this offseason.

Same reason why we don't need to spend $$$ in free agency like we have in the past (Jet, Coleman).

Mostert, Wilson and Hasty is a nice trio IMO, with Juice back at FB, I'd tender Wilson at the 2nd Rd level as a RFA so we don't lose him for nothing as a RFA.
Hasty is far from a lock. If we had a preseason he probably wouldn't have made the team. Love Mosert and Wilson and hopefully we get a guy late that is cut from the same tree as those guys. Unless we draft Harris from Alabama

Yup and behind those 3 you know we're going to pick up a late round/UDFA or two to develop behind them.

Don't see any reason to spend $$$/high picks filling out the RB rotation.

Yup!

They need to bring in like ten UDFA RB's each and every year and have a battle royale and add the last man standing to the roster.

Yup and behind those 3 you know we're going to pick up a late round/UDFA or two to develop behind them.

Don't see any reason to spend $$$/high picks filling out the RB rotation.

Yeah, and I have no issues keeping 4 Backs, and a FB(Hopefully Juice) on the 53, we've seen so many injuries, that it's smart to keep 4 backs, also same with 4 TEs and 6 WRs, even if we go light at LB or on the DL. Plus with the new rules for the PSquad, we can always elevate someone, and hoping the NFL adopts the 2020 IR rules where you can bring anyone back after 3 weeks, unlimited, no limit to like 3 players, and 8 weeks, just downright stupid. Shouldn't have to keep a guy on 53 cause we already have 3 guys we want back later, and thus not be able to have someone else on the 53 that we don't want to lose off the PS.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yup!

They need to bring in like ten UDFA RB's each and every year and have a battle royale and add the last man standing to the roster.

+1 it's the system...unless you hit on a really special RB like Kyle's dad did with T.Davis.
[ Edited by jcs on Dec 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM ]
This guy reminds me of the original #30 with the K. Shanahan's dad at times.

He and Mostret just need to stay healthy.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wilson is a lot more available than Mostert and a more durable runner.

Ideally you utilize both. Mosert for his explosiveness, Wilson for his physicality and willingness to give and absorb contact.
I like this dude. He runs violent. He is a good pass catcher. He has good speed. Definitely need him back.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
HE RUNS LIKE THE RAGING WATTERS ?!!!!

go J-WIL !!!!

Mr Inside and Mr Outside !!!

Wilson and Mostert !!!

I hate being right all the time !!!

dangggg !!! Wil be good !!!
Share 49ersWebzone