LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Wilson is a poor pass-blocking back imo, Coleman probably is the best one we have in that regard...

Hopefully he'll have improved since his rookie year. But he has a lot of new competition from Ahmed and Hastey and I think both are faster than Wilson. I think he's in a dogfight for his job.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I'm looking for this guy to score on goal line situations in this Sundays game against AZ.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm looking for this guy to score on goal line situations in this Sundays game against AZ.

He definitely is a TD machine down there. And this year behind TW + LT to the left, should be even easier.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 10, 2020 at 4:55 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Sorry why the hell does everyone want to cut Tevin Coleman? He doesn't cost that much, averages 4 YPC, had 0 fumbles last year, contributed to our SB run, and knows Shanahan's scheme inside and out. Oh, and he's also a free agent after the season where he could net us a comp pick.

Coleman/Mostert are proven. Wilson and McKinnon are big question marks.

you got me bud... been wondering the same thing. cutting a known commodity who does alot of little things well cuz you hope the alleged jet is fine. is dumb
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Could Jeff Wilson replace Tevin Coleman as Kyle's bigger early down back before he gives way to Mostert and McKinnon in the passing game? Much cheaper too.

I bring this up because I feel like Kyle likes a bigger back on early downs and to start games with body blows and then likes to knock them out with speed and athleticism later.

I hope so. if Jeff Wilson ran a 4.40 in the forty yard dash, he'd be the #2 back on this team already.

I think the thing that holds him back from being a number 1 or number 2 back, is his speed.
as others have said, he can not block unlike the zones whipping boy in coleman
  • 91til
  • Veteran

He definitely is a TD machine down there. And this year behind TW + LT to the left, should be even easier.

He's a nice refreshing style change from guys like Mostert and Breida isn't he? Also always nice seeing an underdog get better and better the way he has
Originally posted by 91til:

He's a nice refreshing style change from guys like Mostert and Breida isn't he? Also always nice seeing an underdog get better and better the way he has

Totally agree. I remember hearing him on a podcast a while back and the kid is so humble and enjoys running through brick walls for us. I'm glad Kyle stuck with him.

Or as us fantasy players call it...a TD vulture.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MAN, this guy is 10x better than Breida, if Wil ever get the carries that Breida got, watch out MOSTERT !!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Could Jeff Wilson replace Tevin Coleman as Kyle's bigger early down back before he gives way to Mostert and McKinnon in the passing game? Much cheaper too.

I bring this up because I feel like Kyle likes a bigger back on early downs and to start games with body blows and then likes to knock them out with speed and athleticism later.

I hope so. if Jeff Wilson ran a 4.40 in the forty yard dash, he'd be the #2 back on this team already.

I think the thing that holds him back from being a number 1 or number 2 back, is his speed.
as others have said, he can not block unlike the zones whipping boy in coleman

I hope he improves on his entire game. I'd like to see how he does on regular downs and distances between the 20's. If possible, I'd love to get younger at the RB position if Wilson can be a workhorse back like Tevan Coleman.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
MAN, this guy is 10x better than Breida, if Wil ever get the carries that Breida got, watch out MOSTERT !!!!

I hope we can get 10x draft picks for him vs Brieda when we trade him.
Originally posted by 9moon:

We forgot how good Brieda was. Not sure what happen to him in the second half of last season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
thought it would be nice to give this guy a shout out as he will be playing sunday. i think he will do well. maybe use him to get the tough yards. use him and jet alot out of the backfield for some nice easy throw and go routes with little nick?
I hope he balls and gets all the goal line work.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I still haven't gotten a thank you from Lynch for finding this guy yet. dude had a nice game today
Share 49ersWebzone