LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 162 users in the forums

UDFA Jeffrey Wilson RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners418:
Think we've got a real strong RB group next year with mckinnon, breida, Wilson

You left out the most valuable back on the team == Mostert AND our #1 back, Coleman. Mostert fills TWO roster spots -- RB and special teams gunner. Thanks to him, we can keep 3 QBs.
He may be playing for the Texans in the next 10 days
With the Texans losing Miller for the season on the ACL, I think we should try to ship off Wilson to them. He's an every down back, and would have the chance to go back to his home state. Win-win-win for everyone.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
He may be playing for the Texans in the next 10 days

Possibility.

Too bad their OLine is terrible cause we can use help there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchtoast:
Originally posted by Niners418:
Think we've got a real strong RB group next year with mckinnon, breida, Wilson

You left out the most valuable back on the team == Mostert AND our #1 back, Coleman. Mostert fills TWO roster spots -- RB and special teams gunner. Thanks to him, we can keep 3 QBs.

Good point! Forgot about that aspect of Mostert. In my mind, he's #2 behind Breida, and forgot about Coleman. Also I am hoping ShanaLYnch can trade BeatHard so we can free up that 3rd QB spot for a talented offensive or defensive player.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
With the Texans losing Miller for the season on the ACL, I think we should try to ship off Wilson to them. He's an every down back, and would have the chance to go back to his home state. Win-win-win for everyone.

Personally, between McKinnon and Wilson, I'd pick Wilson. McKinnon's leg is unstable (as far as all the reoccurring flairups with his rehab) and I like Wilson's size. I think he's 210 lbs plus? Anyway, he's bigger than McKinnon and while he may not be as fast as McKinnon - he seems to be heathier than McKinnon, and to me being Healthy is as valuable as being talented like McKinnon. I think you can find a McKinnon in next years draft. He's not an every down back. I view McKinnon more as a luxury pick than a back that can play all 4 downs. I'm betting you can find a back like that in next years draft after the first round easy. (say 2nd through 4th rounds).
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Which makes it such a head scratcher, why we are the only team in the NFL to spend more cap space l on our RBs than our WRs.

If he can make street guys look like roster guys.
Roster guys look like starters.
Starters like pro bowlers/all pro

What can he do with that level of player.

Terrel davis and clinton portis are good examples.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9moon:
doesn't it make more sense to keep those RBs until we get rid of Shanny??

Dude just stop.

what do you mean stop?

are you telling me that you DO agree for a much deserving kid to get CUT because of the "numbers games" ??
  • Andra
  • Veteran
This one hurts 😣
Originally posted by Giedi:
Good point! Forgot about that aspect of Mostert. In my mind, he's #2 behind Breida, and forgot about Coleman. Also I am hoping ShanaLYnch can trade BeatHard so we can free up that 3rd QB spot for a talented offensive or defensive player.

Lmaooo Coleman is damn sure better than Raheem

Originally posted by Andra:
This one hurts 😣

Since he is on the PS, does that mean it hurts so good now?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This one hurts 😣

Can still be grabbed anytime by another team

I would not be shocked if Houston gets a few games into the season and realizes they need another RB
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This one hurts 😣

I would not be shocked if Houston gets a few games into the season and realizes they need another RB
I wouldn't say hurts so good,just hurts less . That and he has been known to drop the ball from time to time.

I would think that he will get picked up. Dude has played well this preseason.
[ Edited by Andra on Sep 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Lmaooo Coleman is damn sure better than Raheem

I hope so. I dont know too much about him as I dont have the time to watch other teams.

But Raheem is pretty good. Speed kills in Kyle's system. The faster the arby, the more explosive this offense gets. Theres very few players faster than Raheem.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Wanna start by saying I like Wilson and he played better than many thought he would.

But being completely objective... nothing he did was really spectacular last season. Not particularly fast or strong or quick. His stats weren't great. Had some good plays but nothing really jumping off the screen. He's a good player but there's not the potential upside that you'd find with other RBs that didn't make a 53 man roster. Other RBs who got the right attributes but just need some work.

I wouldn't worry too much about another team grabbing him. And if it happens then we can rather easily find another RB to do what he can do.
Share 49ersWebzone