LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Another point I'd like to make. For every Aldon Smith there is a Josh Gordon. The Browns never gave up on Gordon through drug and alcohol abuse. Suspension after suspension. And now it looks like he's conquered his demons. And the Browns, they have a legit #1 WR.

Domestic assault isn't substance abuse...please don't conflate the two. If he ends up guilty of beating women that is no where near the same thing as not being able to put down the weed.
and a gun thing to? no philly is right. i got really used to. in a good way., not waking up on sunday morning and seeing aldon smith got arrested. not going back boys. now i think you have to trade that top choice and try to find a nice middle linebacker early. maybe sign a nice guy. hope smith can be a player and then draft lanning at iowa state in the late rounds

I think trading back would definitely be the thing to do. We could get a quality ILB and corner/edge rusher.

Problem solved...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I refuse to go down this road again like we did with aldon smith. excuses. enabling. the process blah blah.. this team is trying to move forward. this guy had red flags all over him. fine. + they took a chance. thought it would work. well thats two strikes. cut the f**ker. i am not doing this again. re do your draft board or find a good guy in free agency. admit kyle and lynch made a error no matter how hard it is to do with some.. and then move on. we have no time for this s**t , this thing is bringing back memories of stuff we have tried so hard to forget.. with foster all the pain we left behind in aldon smith is waiting up ahead with this guy.

Yes....... just rip the bandaid off

cc. you've turned to a little b***h but this post is spot on.

Yep, this time I'm agreeing with Darth CC.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I refuse to go down this road again like we did with aldon smith. excuses. enabling. the process blah blah.. this team is trying to move forward. this guy had red flags all over him. fine. + they took a chance. thought it would work. well thats two strikes. cut the f**ker. i am not doing this again. re do your draft board or find a good guy in free agency. admit kyle and lynch made a error no matter how hard it is to do with some.. and then move on. we have no time for this s**t , this thing is bringing back memories of stuff we have tried so hard to forget.. with foster all the pain we left behind in aldon smith is waiting up ahead with this guy.

Yes....... just rip the bandaid off

cc. you've turned to a little b***h but this post is spot on.

Yep, this time I'm agreeing with Darth CC.
what i choose to do in my personal time is not important. we are pretty much on board with what is good for this team moving foward
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBrack:
I think trading back would definitely be the thing to do. We could get a quality ILB and corner/edge rusher.

Problem solved...

again. good post. like with anyone. i know some people stay up late worrying about this.. but i never worry about where players go after we cut them or what they may or may not do. they mean nothing to me when they are gone
Originally posted by dioworld:
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Buzz has a valid point here, zeke is way bigger talent, has gotten into more legal issues and we all know they wouldn't cut him for anything. Lets just wait until we get facts before jumping to conclusions on what to do with the guy.

That's pretty much all we can do at this point

zeke is completely different case . that girl set him up with all false accusation, police did not even press charge against him.
we should not cut him immediately but once found out enough, we should, it's team discipline. New England will not allow this type of behavior. foster betray the whole team and the fans, he cannot stay out of trouble, 2 times in a month.

I totally agree with you, mate
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Another point I'd like to make. For every Aldon Smith there is a Josh Gordon. The Browns never gave up on Gordon through drug and alcohol abuse. Suspension after suspension. And now it looks like he's conquered his demons. And the Browns, they have a legit #1 WR.

Domestic assault isn't substance abuse...please don't conflate the two. If he ends up guilty of beating women that is no where near the same thing as not being able to put down the weed.
and a gun thing to? no philly is right. i got really used to. in a good way., not waking up on sunday morning and seeing aldon smith got arrested. not going back boys. now i think you have to trade that top choice and try to find a nice middle linebacker early. maybe sign a nice guy. hope smith can be a player and then draft lanning at iowa state in the late rounds

Problem solved...

I was digging a bit through Reuben's history. His dad shot his mom. Ran away, and for 16 years was on the run. Got caught, and is now serving a 30 year sentence. That kind of family history doesn't do Reuben any good. That's a lot of stuff to fight through to change and remake yourself. I'm all for suspending the guy for a year - let the NFL decision come down, not for Reuben, but to hold him off the NFL market so Seadderall can't claim him, and it will also indirectly give Reuben that *last chance* that NY85 is saying he deserves. But I'm not going to hold out hope he's going to change. The minute he violates the suspension agreement - you got to cut him. As for the voting... I voted to cut him. He's so much like Aldon it's unreal.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Problem solved...
i should thank foster for doing this early so we have many options before us. but i will not, f**k him
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I will never understand NFL teams.

Give a guy 5 million a year , but don't spend 120K a year to have a team of chaperone attached to him. ITs a damn tax write off.

There are 22 starters on a team. You hire 60 Chaperons at 60k a year, it cost the team 7.2 million a year.

NFL players, should never drive, and should not be put in these sort of positions. You cant end all the BS, but DAMN...you can have a company man with him that tells you..... " hey look....there is some questionable behavior going on here, we need to make sure that XYZ is reminded of what can come from this and we need to have the right help in place to get past this before some young lady ends up with a black eye and we loose our Franchise XYZ"

You might get some serious push back from the Jerry Rices of the world, dudes that truly have their act together. You work with that, or you only do it the first 5 years of the career ....or whatever. We are not worried about the Jerry Rices of the world, we want to make sure when a team hires a potential headache like Foster, there is AT LEAST a plan to get the guy though his initial contract.

Think about all these guys not getting DUIs, potentially not drunk off their asses beating up people, and if they are you have a TRAINED professional with them to help defuse the situation and do immediate damage control. Someone that is with the player and can spot questionable behavior before hand and get the guy the help he needs before it spirals out of control.

-Future NFL Owner !!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Problem solved...

again. good post. like with anyone. i know some people stay up late worrying about this.. but i never worry about where players go after we cut them or what they may or may not do. they mean nothing to me when they are gone

Yeah, CC, it looks like Trading down is the way to go now. ShanaLynch has to win that toss, man, it will give us a bit more leverage!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I was digging a bit through Reuben's history. His dad shot his mom. Ran away, and for 16 years was on the run. Got caught, and is now serving a 30 year sentence. That kind of family history doesn't do Reuben any good. That's a lot of stuff to fight through to change and remake yourself. I'm all for suspending the guy for a year - let the NFL decision come down, not for Reuben, but to hold him off the NFL market so Seadderall can't claim him, and it will also indirectly give Reuben that *last chance* that NY85 is saying he deserves. But I'm not going to hold out hope he's going to change. The minute he violates the suspension agreement - you got to cut him. As for the voting... I voted to cut him. He's so much like Aldon it's unreal.

my mother beat the holy hell out of me for 13 years with a club., whip bare hands whatever before i backed her into a corner at 13 and said,.. you are never going to touch me again. but that never made me a child abuser to my girls. i am not yelling at you but i get insane when we try to excuse people for poor behavior just because they had a rough child hood

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Correct. These are not the same thing.

Stop bringing up Josh Gordon. One, allegedly, causes violence. The other only harms himself.
+1, Not to say he doesn't have a potential drug problem but DV is a different can of eggs...

[ Edited by jcs on Feb 12, 2018 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Sounds like a neighbor called. His girl probably won't press charges. No charges against Foster in this. No suspension. He gets another chance.

This is all assuming some brutal details don't come out

Not up to his girl, DA can still go forward with charges even if GF decides not to do so (don't quote me on this, but im pretty sure)

- Minor in Criminal Justice
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah, CC, it looks like Trading down is the way to go now. ShanaLynch has to win that toss, man, it will give us a bit more leverage!

i agree and please please i am not ripping on your about the foster history post. you are a great great poster so please do not taking anything personal in my reply!!
Yes he shoud, suspended indefinitely at the very least.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i was hoping they are looking at that anyway. i think there are many qb needy teams. despite the free agent guys available below us that would be happy to trade up to get a kid in the draft?? you guys know the teams better than me
Share 49ersWebzone