LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

My final points.

The guy is a mega talent - no doubt.

He is stupid and basically - out of control.

2x in less than a month + an assault gun!

Wait for the charges to be substantiated.

If Guilty - try to trade him or just say

Glad this happened before the draft & FA

Draft Edwards or Smith.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Sounds like a neighbor called. His girl probably won't press charges. No charges against Foster in this. No suspension. He gets another chance.

This is all assuming some brutal details don't come out

Except that itty bitty assault weapon charge lol

I do not know California law, but here in NYC you're screwed, he could be facing jail time.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Sounds like a neighbor called. His girl probably won't press charges. No charges against Foster in this. No suspension. He gets another chance.

Except that itty bitty assault weapon charge lol

I do not know California law, but here in NYC you're screwed, he could be facing jail time.

That's separate . I'm talking about the domestic violence case.
I wait for the circumstances, if he hit her cut his @ss, if he restrained her and it went wrong, then maybe a 2nd chance.

If he is found not guilty but still clearly did it, I'd still cut him to enforce the message.
  • Jiks
I as a fan don't want this guy on the team..
Very disappointing! Too many red flags. Having said that I do want to see the details on this. If he hit her then he is gone. If not he is probably facing a 6 week suspension for the arrest and the weed issue. In either case we need to address LB in the draft or free agency. We can't count on this guy long term. Even without the character issues he has a problem staying on the field. In this era domestic violence is a major issue so it doesn't look good. The assault rifle is not a major issue unless it was used in a threatening manner. Just when the needle was pointing up we have this happen.
  • KPaul
  • Veteran
Cut if convicted. They put up messages/rules to start the year, and I believe on of the rules were to Protect the Team.

Reuben continues to embarrass Lynch and has to be held accountable. No one is above the team, or the law.

The DA doesn't need the victim to press charges in a domestic violence case.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I refuse to go down this road again like we did with aldon smith. excuses. enabling. the process blah blah.. this team is trying to move forward. this guy had red flags all over him. fine. + they took a chance. thought it would work. well thats two strikes. cut the f**ker. i am not doing this again. re do your draft board or find a good guy in free agency. admit kyle and lynch made a error no matter how hard it is to do with some.. and then move on. we have no time for this s**t , this thing is bringing back memories of stuff we have tried so hard to forget.. with foster all the pain we left behind in aldon smith is waiting up ahead with this guy.
Aldon Smith II

Originally posted by JBrack:

The DA doesn't need the victim to press charges in a domestic violence case.

No, but she will need to testify if the DA wants a slam dunk conviction. Otherwise it gets plea bargained way the hell down.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My final points.

Draft Edwards or Smith.

man.. if a post were ever true.. this is it
Last night I was furious. I was all for cutting him immediately. I slept on it and woke up with a different perspective.

From a simple value situation. We can't cut him. Foster is young and stupid, just like Aldon. But what if he does get his s**t together? The worst scenerio, even worse than getting arrested again, would be for Foster to go to another team of his choosing and be the player we know he will be. This is my fear. And the 49ers are left standing with their dicks in hand.

Foster will be suspended for 8 games. That's a fact. The 49ers should add another 4, without pay. Make him feel it financially. I would be ok suspending him an entire season. But they can't let this kid walk away to another team for NOTHING.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My final points.

Draft Edwards or Smith.

did i say,, you said nothing wrong? if i did not.. well i am now
Originally posted by cciowa:
I refuse to go down this road again like we did with aldon smith. excuses. enabling. the process blah blah.. this team is trying to move forward. this guy had red flags all over him. fine. + they took a chance. thought it would work. well thats two strikes. cut the f**ker. i am not doing this again. re do your draft board or find a good guy in free agency. admit kyle and lynch made a error no matter how hard it is to do with some.. and then move on. we have no time for this s**t , this thing is bringing back memories of stuff we have tried so hard to forget.. with foster all the pain we left behind in aldon smith is waiting up ahead with this guy.

Yes....... just rip the bandaid off
Share 49ersWebzone