LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Rueben Foster be cut?

YES, im tired of worrying about him on and off the field.
#1 DUDE CANT STAY HEALTHY.
#2 DUDE LIKES AND LIVES A WILD LIFESTYLE AND THATS JUST WHO HE IS.

id say he has a soft 30% chance now of being what we thought he was going to be which is a consistent pro bowl middle line backer that plays for us
Is it possible to put him on IR until they find out what really happened?
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Is it possible to put him on IR until they find out what really happened?

Why? The season doesn't start for months yet
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'd get rid of him.
[ Edited by Hopper on Feb 12, 2018 at 7:47 AM ]
Anybody want a Foster jersey........cheap.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Anybody want a Foster jersey........cheap.

Glad I didn't end up getting one. Same thing happend with Aldon I waited on that to.
Time to update those Mock drafts
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Traded

Trade to Jacksonville for a 1st?
ummmmmm,.................................yea probably.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Traded

To the Raiders?

He fits their brand.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
f**k no! As soon as we cut him some team will pick him up and eat up his 8 game suspension. Then Foster balls out for the rest of his career

OR

he gets arrested again while suspended and never plays again?

It is definitely a gamble.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Backstory? Well, it's probably obvious but, damn!

It's photoshopped.

Im always discouraged by the large number of people who cant tell when something is photoshopped. Its no wonder this country believes everything that news networks tell them.

Truth!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
f**k no! As soon as we cut him some team will pick him up and eat up his 8 game suspension. Then Foster balls out for the rest of his career

OR

he gets arrested again while suspended and never plays again?

I agree with ninerfan. In your scenario, that is fine. If he never plays again, that is a great loss of talent but there you are. But if we cut him and Seattle, say, pick him up. And he does play again? They arent always going to end up like Aldon Smith.

The NFL have a policy on DV. Most if not all of the other teams follow it. Until more detail comes out I am not sure on what set of assumptions people are making judgements but they do seem to like judging.

That's why i like NY's suggestion, of the one yr probation, after all facts are laid out. If the facts are truly ugly, ok we have no choice. If facts don't really match the reports and gossip, then i agree with English of let the NFL policy play out, and after that, follow the scenario laid out by NY. But just cutting him means we just hand him over to oh, say "Raiders" or equivalent, and have lost a very good player with no compensation. Maybe keeping him out of football a season is exactly what he needs to get his head straight. If he can't do that, then we just have to move on.

This makes sense.
Foster isn't gonna get cut and will end up being a hall of fame player for us
Sounds like a neighbor called. His girl probably won't press charges. No charges against Foster in this. No suspension. He gets another chance.

This is all assuming some brutal details don't come out
Share 49ersWebzone