LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Our safeties

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cut Ward and save the $8 mil, spend towards someone who's had a healthy track record at the very least.

for goodness sake. this is the truth. sorry hoovtrain

Completely agree with this
I think Reid signs back with us if he isn't signed by Seattle. Not sure who else would want his National Anthem rep. I like having him and Tartt especially as it was noted that Selah likes using the 3 safety alignment a lot and he is insurance for Tartt should he get hurt. No brainer if he is available and cheap enough. Dump Ward and his salary. Who knows, maybe he signs for less with us if no one else is willing to take the risk.
Cut Ward and save the $8 mil, spend towards someone who's had a healthy track record at the very least.

Only if it is used to get a starter and someone better, not just healthy. Ward's issue is his health, but I think he has the talent or the new regime wouldn't have extended him and since we have the cap space keeping him another year is not a problem for me. When you look at the NFL, it is always good to have depth.

In as far as Reid goes, I would like to have him back as he played solid in the second half. If the price is right, I'd like him back because of his versatility, he could even be shifted to LB in a pinch for special packages. Like Ward, it is about depth. However, it may come to whether he wants to start and a team that wants him despite his protest than salary. I sure hope he doesn't to the seachickens of all teams, I want them to go into a free fall when Kam can't be himself.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Let Reid walk and go after Lamarcus Joyner from LA Rams. Upgrade at Safety and hurt a division rival at the same time.

Joyner can't play SS (box safety) can he? At 5'9? He isn't unseating Colbert at FS. Pass on Joyner.
Jaquiski Tartt to start at SS. Joyner at FS. Colbert to backup special teams role.

Lets also steal Trumaine Johnson from LA while we are at it.
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Jan 22, 2018 at 9:25 PM ]
Please, we must don't resign Reid and Ward. Let Reid and Ward to go else new team.
I brought this up around week 3 and people said it wasn't a concern lol
way to soon too tell... I don't expect the Front office who needs to address series needs already on a football squad turn around and create another one in the offseason with Safties
Originally posted by tohara3:

Our luck it will turn out Ward will come back 100% healthy for the entire season next year and go to the pro bowl on some other team
Originally posted by 4912:

Our luck it will turn out Ward will come back 100% healthy for the entire season next year and go to the pro bowl on some other team

At least we'll get a 3rd round comp out of it.....actually if he cut we don't get anything....Well, lets hope it's not a pro bowl season for Seattle
[ Edited by suckafree17 on Jan 24, 2018 at 8:10 AM ]

Originally posted by WildBill:

Only if it is used to get a starter and someone better, not just healthy. Ward's issue is his health, but I think he has the talent or the new regime wouldn't have extended him and since we have the cap space keeping him another year is not a problem for me. When you look at the NFL, it is always good to have depth.

In as far as Reid goes, I would like to have him back as he played solid in the second half. If the price is right, I'd like him back because of his versatility, he could even be shifted to LB in a pinch for special packages. Like Ward, it is about depth. However, it may come to whether he wants to start and a team that wants him despite his protest than salary. I sure hope he doesn't to the seachickens of all teams, I want them to go into a free fall when Kam can't be himself.

Honestly I think this is a little overblown. Reid isn't a qb and doesn't have the media following like a Kaep signing would have. I highly doubt Reid will resign unless the team wants to keep Tartt at FS and have Colbert as depth.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is a good problem to have. Keep Tartt & Colbert.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I think Reid signs back with us if he isn't signed by Seattle. Not sure who else would want his National Anthem rep. I like having him and Tartt especially as it was noted that Selah likes using the 3 safety alignment a lot and he is insurance for Tartt should he get hurt. No brainer if he is available and cheap enough. Dump Ward and his salary. Who knows, maybe he signs for less with us if no one else is willing to take the risk.

only way he signs is if he is cheap, great backup with ability to bump up to line back too

Who do you want to sign that would require 123 million in cap spend next year instead of 115 million in cap spend next year?
Share 49ersWebzone