LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

What Is The 49er's Absolute Biggest Need Going Into 2018 Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Is The 49er's Absolute Biggest Need Going Into 2018 Season?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Protect the franchise.
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Not a single need. You win in the trenches. Need help at guard and center to protect Jimmy and spark the running game. Need the edge rusher to get the D off the field on 3rd.

Like the thread, but this was a question for the 2012 49ers

I'm glad you liked the thread,but nothing was ever said about "a single need"

The poll question was: What Is The 49er's Absolute Biggest Need Going Into 2018 Season?

And the post read:
Originally posted by tavian:
I know all teams have more than one need going into the off-season.
But if you could address only one position for your team what would it be?

So what we're looking for is the absolute biggest priority of all of the needs this off-season.The post probably could have
been worded a bit differently
[ Edited by tavian on Jan 12, 2018 at 5:04 PM ]
O-line, couple of D-line guys, WR, CB
Need a better Quarterback who doesn't throw interceptions every second
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

reeeeeach
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:

Back to back troll posts in two different threads, drinking a little early, eh?
Cornerback. I think if we can survive longer in coverage it'll give Buckner and Thomas a much better chance to get results. After that I'd go O-line. Jimmy G was really good behind an average line. Let's get an above average line and watch him be great.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Sort of a pointless hypothetical because we're not only going to address a single need.

It's pretty difficult to choose which is more important: we need to improve the interior offensive line. No question. And we need an elite LEO/ edge rusher. No question. They're both huge needs. CB is right behind those as a big need. Ideally, we get em all.

And a red zone threat, and an extra pass rusher to spare, and a durable all-round RB, and a running mate for Foster in the middle.... etc. crazy thing is we actually may be able to get all of these pieces. I know, I'm an optimist.
re-do the question and put edge rusher
"The salary cap next season is expected to grow from $167 to $178 million. It's another massive $11-million jump.

Which all points to why the 49ers should dive into the deep end when it comes to pursuing the free agents. The obvious caveat: Find the right players that fit the system. That's what Jacksonville did last spring and what the Broncos did when their massive 2014 free agent class (Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders and T.J. Ward) carried a limp Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl title two years ago."

https://ninernoise.com/2018/01/12/nfl-free-agency-49ers-position-heading-2018/

"Robinson would also thrive under Shanahan's innovative and high-octane offensive scheme. While it is one of the most complicated in the league, Shanahan's offense is effective when smoothly executed.

With a high-caliber talent like Robinson added to the mix, San Francisco's passing attack should become problematic for other teams come next season."

https://ninernoise.com/2018/01/11/49ers-2018-nfl-free-agency-wide-receiver-allen-robinson/

Time to spend that money we have been hoarding, the time is now..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM ]

A Lombardy Trophy
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"The salary cap next season is expected to grow from $167 to $178 million. It's another massive $11-million jump.

Which all points to why the 49ers should dive into the deep end when it comes to pursuing the free agents. The obvious caveat: Find the right players that fit the system. That's what Jacksonville did last spring and what the Broncos did when their massive 2014 free agent class (Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders and T.J. Ward) carried a limp Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl title two years ago."

"Robinson would also thrive under Shanahan's innovative and high-octane offensive scheme. While it is one of the most complicated in the league, Shanahan's offense is effective when smoothly executed.

With a high-caliber talent like Robinson added to the mix, San Francisco's passing attack should become problematic for other teams come next season."

https://ninernoise.com/2018/01/11/49ers-2018-nfl-free-agency-wide-receiver-allen-robinson/

Posted this link at the beginning of the thread.Thought it could be a nice pickup for you guys.
Here are some stats on Robinson in case someone else missed it.

Robinson is coming off a ACL injury from early last season.
prior to last season he was putting up some serious numbers.
2015-2016 he put up 2283 yds receiving and 20 td's.
All of this with Bortles at QB,plus Robinson is only 24yo.
Originally posted by tavian:

Posted this link at the beginning of the thread.Thought it could be a nice pickup for you guys.
Here are some stats on Robinson in case someone else missed it.

Robinson is coming off a ACL injury from early last season.
prior to last season he was putting up some serious numbers.
2015-2016 he put up 2283 yds receiving and 20 td's.
All of this with Bortles at QB,plus Robinson is only 24yo.

🤙🏽

Sorry bout that, I missed it and I really want Robinson here
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Edge rusher and it's not even close.

Jimmy and KS will put up points against anyone. Jimmy has also shown that he can get the ball out quick and avoid the big hits. Can our OL use an upgrade at LG/RG? Sure, but if we truly want to compete we have to fix our inept pass rush. We can't have the TJ Yates of the league sitting all day in the pocket and dissecting your defense on 3rd down because you can't bring pressure without blitzing.

You want jimmy G killed?

What you guys don't understand is Jimmy will get killed if he has to consistently throw the ball to keep us in games because we can't stop people from scoring.

Our pass rush was by far our biggest weakness last season. We struggled to bring pressure with only 4 guys against some of the very worst offensive lines in football.

Fix the pass rush and Jimmy won't have to be put at risk throwing the ball 40 times a game.

KS has shown he can hide the weaknesses of a less than stellar offensive line, but there is no way you can hide a weak pass rush. You start blitzing and become predictable and teams will exploit it quickly.

No pass rush, no playoffs.
🤙🏽

Sorry bout that, I missed it and I really want Robinson here

No problem bro.I just wanted to share the stats with you.
Share 49ersWebzone