There are 148 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Last years draft and FA was really solid. Good football players and likeable people, seems like a team is coming together

+1. This man deserves more respect and acknowledgement from this fanbase.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Ok

I am well aware he exists and I hope we promote him to GM and make Lynch the EVP that we as a fanbase have been pounding the table for.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I am well aware he exists and I hope we promote him to GM and make Lynch the EVP that we as a fanbase have been pounding the table for.

Good.
Originally posted by Ninerblood:

Ok

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Digger:
There's a profile of him on the Athletic today actually, really good. Talks about how Elway really wanted to keep him and could've blocked him, but he saw the extra responsibility in the 9ers job and how much Peters wanted to work for us so let him go. Sounds like Belichick liked him too when he was with the Pats.

Really hope the idea is to eventually promote Lynch and let Peters take over as GM, having that kind of continuity could set us up for years.
Titles and an increase in salary can only do so much. Both Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan eventually left once the challenge of learning was gone. If Peter's thinks he's done here and wants to go somewhere else for a challenge, there's going to be nothing to stop him. But an increase in salary and a new title will slow the process of him leaving somewhat, and give more time for Lynch to learn the ropes and become more competent.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Last years draft and FA was really solid. Good football players and likeable people, seems like a team is coming together

Originally posted by FL9er:

Since pd has a boner for Peters right now.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Since pd has a boner for Peters right now.

i appreciate brilliance. Since everyone is talking about lynch, jimmy G and Shanny, this man deserve just as much praise IMO.

• GEEK
  • Veteran

Agreed.

Great job, Chauncey. You deserve more respect.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Agreed.

Great job, Chauncey. You deserve more respect.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

EVP of what? They already have an EVP of Football Operations.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I love that we have a guy with his ability to evaluate talent, but the fact that he grew up a Niners fan makes it even more awesome he's here.

We got an absolute gem!

Yeah.

A season w/little drama of holdouts, arrests and controversy.

Like many, I hope Foster gets his act together.
Share 49ersWebzone