LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Antix
  • Veteran
One of the great things about him is he grew up a Niners fan and is from the area....this is his dream job (I mean maybe being the GM but pretty damn close). It was one of the reasons Elway let him go.

I could very well see him turning down other opportunities at a GM job because of that.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Die-hard-fan-in-49ers-front-office-grew-up-in-the-11178557.php
Originally posted by NYniner85:
One of the great things about him is he grew up a Niners fan and is from the area....this is his dream job (I mean maybe being the GM but pretty damn close). It was one of the reasons Elway let him go.

I could very well see him turning down other opportunities at a GM job because of that.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Die-hard-fan-in-49ers-front-office-grew-up-in-the-11178557.php

Man, we are in such a great position right now from top to bottom in this organization.
Originally posted by 4912:
Man, we are in such a great position right now from top to bottom in this organization.

We really are, but I suspect (fear) Peters will be running his own NFL team very, very soon....
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

We really are, but I suspect (fear) Peters will be running his own NFL team very, very soon....

Probably not for a long time. If he ever gets an interview call, we'll simply elevate his title and give him more $ like the Pack did for both of their guys.

I don't see that at all....there are tons of good GM candidates that are well head of him. this is his first yr in a very prominent role.

look around at other teams and what they do with good young front office personnel....they simply give them more cash or a new title. Happen to us last yr with the guys in GB. happens in NE/Baltimore etc.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Probably not for a long time. If he ever gets an interview call, we'll simply elevate his title and give him more $ like the Pack did for both of their guys.

Yep that's really the only answer in trying to retain talented people, you got to pay them more money. The patriots tried with Garappolo, but he wanted to play. At some point, if Peters is as talented as McDrunk, he'll be a GM somewhere else. This last years draft class was outstanding and if he hits on another one, what out, he'll be a wanted man and I don't think you can prevent him from leaving.

John Lynch better learn everything he can from Peters while he's still with us.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yep that's really the only answer in trying to retain talented people, you got to pay them more money. The patriots tried with Garappolo, but he wanted to play. At some point, if Peters is as talented as McDrunk, he'll be a GM somewhere else. This last years draft class was outstanding and if he hits on another one, what out, he'll be a wanted man and I don't think you can prevent him from leaving.

John Lynch better learn everything he can from Peters while he's still with us.

No way. We'll simply make him GM here and Lynch will be retitled to what he really is...President of Football Operations.
Will be interesting how they change the roster this off season
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

This. Remember, the newly formed FO had just a few weeks to prepare for FA and the draft last year. And they did one hell of a job!

Now they've had all this time together as a team. I can't wait to see what's next.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never heard of him
7 years old Niners fan gown up and became FO personnel of the Niners.

Originally posted by susweel:
Never heard of him

'We have no records of an Adam Peters within our organization. Your information is erroneous'
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

This. Remember, the newly formed FO had just a few weeks to prepare for FA and the draft last year. And they did one hell of a job!

Now they've had all this time together as a team. I can't wait to see what's next.
All they have to do is find the next Fred Dean/Charles Haley/Aldon Smith, and you pretty much get an A+ from me. Then again, I don't watch college ball.

This offseason, if they do as well or better than last years draft, I can see us hitting the playoff scene next year. Get that edge rusher, more O Linemen to keep Jimmy's jersey clean, and some more ground and air weapons for the guy and sky's the limit in my opinion!
Peters is this organization's unsung hero.
Share 49ersWebzone