There are 215 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why do people keep acting like Adam Peters is some superstar? He's just a run of the mill personnel VP. Some people act like he can't be easily replaced if he were to go somewhere else.

He's done a good job at finding talent in the mid-late rounds for both the niners and broncos. But on the flip side... both those teams have struggled in the first 3 rounds of the drafts he has been apart of as well.

His non-gm impact is up for debate. But again based on the drafts he has influenced, you could just trade away the first 3 rounds and accumulate picks for rounds 4-7 and have a stronger roster than most of the league.

Well, that is close to what has happened here -- but without the results. I'm not saying he needs to go. I'm saying I don't think he's a critical asset. He's a dime a dozen in the NFL world.
Originally posted by theduke85:
This is a really generic statement and could apply to almost every GM in the league.

Teams "hit" more in the mid-late rounds because they tend to accumulate more picks. i.e. it's uncommon for a team to have multiple picks in the first three rounds, but its very common for teams to have multiple picks in the later rounds.

More picks = more chances of hitting.

Yeah that was a pretty general statement but to his credit he has been able to get those later round hits on a somewhat consistent basis. And in those same drafts the 1st rounders seem to always be lackluster for one reason or another. Shane Ray, Paxton Lynch, Bradley Roby and then Thomas & Froster.

But in the end, we dont really know how much Peters influence there was in any of those drafts not to mention the effect of coaching and schemes which also come into play. All we really have to go on is "word around the league" and for Peters it's pretty positive.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jun 11, 2019 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by 49ersrule:
Can the 49ers possibly promote John Lynch to some Vice President role and just promote Adam Peters to GM? I searched through the thread and I didn't see this question asked.

Jed wouldnt give up control like that. Plus i wouldnt want lynch in that role anyway. But i would like peters to be the gm.

Paraag is, and has long been, THE Executive Vice President of Football Ops and I don't see him or Jed giving his job to Lynch.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why do people keep acting like Adam Peters is some superstar? He's just a run of the mill personnel VP. Some people act like he can't be easily replaced if he were to go somewhere else.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by 49ersrule:
Can the 49ers possibly promote John Lynch to some Vice President role and just promote Adam Peters to GM? I searched through the thread and I didn't see this question asked.

Jed wouldnt give up control like that. Plus i wouldnt want lynch in that role anyway. But i would like peters to be the gm.

Paraag is, and has long been, THE Executive Vice President of Football Ops and I don't see him or Jed giving his job to Lynch.

He said "SOME" vice president role. Not THE vice president role. What about VP Press relations?
I agree he needs to go as GM. Stupid hire in the first place. Typical Jed York move.
I don't know enough about other guys in Peters' position.

Maybe he's a fit for what we do and how we do it.

IMO, don't argue w/success. Keep the ball rolling and keep Peters
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I think from an offensive talent acquisition point - with Kyle, you are always going to find offensive gems. I hope that translates to more defensive draft capital. I.e. if they trade CJ and possibly much later Mullen's for some needed defensive draft capital.

I think whoever is there be it Peters or Mayhew, that won't change.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I think from an offensive talent acquisition point - with Kyle, you are always going to find offensive gems. I hope that translates to more defensive draft capital. I.e. if they trade CJ and possibly much later Mullen's for some needed defensive draft capital.

I think whoever is there be it Peters or Mayhew, that won't change.

Hope you're right.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It takes talent to evaluate talent. Having said that, Peters knows what a successful organization looks like. He has 3 Super Bowls on his resume. We need that pedigree in SF. Ultimately though it comes down to acquiring talent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
It takes talent to evaluate talent. Having said that, Peters knows what a successful organization looks like. He has 3 Super Bowls on his resume. We need that pedigree in SF. Ultimately though it comes down to acquiring talent.

I believe Bellichick strength is him and in his people's ability to talent evaluate. I think they do a better job at small school scouting than anybody else. They have to. They are constantly picking almost dead last every year. If there is ONE key in being a good personnel guy, is the ability to go to a small school and evaluate talent and have a good enough ability to project that talent into the NFL. I mean the classic case was Charles Haley from Madison. Walsh had one game tape of him, and off that one game tape, he drafted Charles.

Peters with the wood.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Peters with the wood.

Give them all a raise!
I think we lose this dude in the offseason
  • dj43
Peters with the wood.

Lucky Lynch.
Peters with the wood.

DJ Reed scored a touchdown. Jus sayin