There are 123 users in the forums

49ers sign C Wesley Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
What the f**k is going on with the dates on the posts lol

Thread was originally created in NFL Talk two years ago.
Anyone else think he's been pretty solid this pre season? I like what I've seen from him at C
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Anyone else think he's been pretty solid this pre season? I like what I've seen from him at C

He's been very consistent. He should be starting this game over Garland who's been expectedly bad.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's been very consistent. He should be starting this game over Garland who's been expectedly bad.

Yeah, I've seen nothing that would warrant Garland earning the primary backup job over him.

If I'm the Niners, it goes Richburg - Person - Johnson - Garnett - Garland.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 22, 2019 at 5:20 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah, I've seen nothing that would warrant Garland earning the primary backup job over him.

It can't hurt but Garnett is like all our OL - good run blocker (not sure yet about this scheme fit for him) and poor pass protection. That chemistry (as you saw with Staley/Tomlinson) between G/T is critical in this scheme. I'd rather just let Johnson play there at C and let Garnett compete there and at G.

It can't hurt but Garnett is like all our OL - good run blocker (not sure yet about this scheme fit for him) and poor pass protection. That chemistry (as you saw with Staley/Tomlinson) between G/T is critical in this scheme. I'd rather just let Johnson play there at C and let Garnett compete there and at G.

Well, from what I understand, it was a blown protection call by the center that made Tomlinson and Staley look bad on that one. I was never high on Garnett as a prospect, but from what I've seen in small sample sizes, it doesn't appear to me that he's any worse than Person as a pass blocker.

Truth and

You're being kind in regards to Garland.

Well, from what I understand, it was a blown protection call by the center that made Tomlinson and Staley look bad on that one. I was never high on Garnett as a prospect, but from what I've seen in small sample sizes, it doesn't appear to me that he's any worse than Person as a pass blocker.

It certainly can't help. I actually think the best communication/chemistry is with Person/McGlinchey so I think that's why Kyle didn't mess with moving Person to C.

But like I said, it can't hurt. It's gotta be better than Toran right?

I THINK HE'S AN UPGRADE OVER WHATS OUT DER
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
waste of time

Share 49erswebzone