There are 238 users in the forums

2017 Game 15: SF vs JAX GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Do the Jags have 5 shutdown corners?

2 and that's more than enough in this league especially against our oline and lack of a true #1 game breaking wr. I don't see us winning for the fact the jags d leads the league in sacks with like 51. If we can keep it close it'll be a win, we just don't have the talent to compete with that d
Obviously the Jags are the more superior team. This will come down to Coach Shanahan and how he schemes the game plan to put us in a position to with the game. Defense should play lights out this game and create havoc. Just hope Foster doesn't get banged up again.
[ Edited by 9er4lyphe on Dec 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

2 and that's more than enough in this league especially against our oline and lack of a true #1 game breaking wr. I don't see us winning for the fact the jags d leads the league in sacks with like 51. If we can keep it close it'll be a win, we just don't have the talent to compete with that d

Yea I agree....this is the ultimate test. However...think the Jags sit certain people since they're pretty much clinched a playoff berth?

More like 5 great pass rushers and good luck throwing with that in your lap. The corners aren't bad either.
Jacksonville's defense has great talent at every level. It's same scheme as ours, but it's loaded to the brim with talent. Going to be fun to watch Kyle attack it given he sees the same coverages every day in practice.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM ]
Shannahan and Saleh will have to win this game. Defense has got to shut down Fournette and running game so we can force Bortles to throw and wait for him to make mistakes and capitalize on them. Offense has got to get the running game going or we wont score a point.

Yea I agree....this is the ultimate test. However...think the Jags sit certain people since they're pretty much clinched a playoff berth?

But they could still technically get the #2 seed if Pitt loses and they win or not win the division if they lose out and the Titans win out.

our D really needs to shut down their offense to be keep this close. Just like you said...keep it close til the end and we should squeak out with a win. Gould is going to have another busy day

They can still play for the 2nd seed at least and hope Pittsburgh loses, don't see NE losing remaining games. Jags need to avoid the road as long as possible until possibly facing NE in the title game
If we can just score more often in the rz we'll make the game so much easier, ever since jimmy took over the o has proven it can march down the field time and time again without the boneheaded penalties and mistakes

Protec jimmy at all costs
Their pass rush is a concern, but I've noticed jimmy doesn't fight the sack, he usually goes down when he knows it's over which reduces injury and turnovers
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Jimmy G against the best defense against the pass. I can't wait to see this one.

This! I'm excited. Too many people are scared to see him go vs the best smh if we lose, cool, then we get to see how Jimmy bounces back from a loss. But if we win

Yep It's a great measuring stick.

No. They have 2. Ramsey and Bouye. Aaron Colvin is really good though, and they have 2 really good safetys (Gipson, Church).

5 good DBs, plus their pass rush, plus Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. They are loaded on defense on every level.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yup that defense is just too talented, this is a bad match up for the 49ers offense. I'm sure Jimmy G. will do some things to keep the team in the game but I'm not expecting a W at all, I just want Jimmy G. to be healthy going into next season. That's pretty much all I ask for the last two games, Jimmy G. has already proved to me he's the future!!!

Yup sweet baby Jesus don't let him get hurt with that Swiss cheese OL protecting
Share 49ersWebzone