LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

PYMWYMI with Jimmy G as a starter

Shop Find 49ers gear online

PYMWYMI with Jimmy G as a starter

• HERN
  • Veteran
I say we win 2 more games. Finish 4-12.

We end up with the 6th pick and draft Nelson.
The D played pretty well, or should i say not as bad as they have in some games. The O looked miles better because JG can really get that ball out NOW...as in quick . Will that help us when we need an ER, 1, perhaps 2 LB starters, a CB, a S, and on O, will jimmy's fast release help us when we have no #1WR, no C, LG nor RG? We can be more competitive, but can we win against really good teams? We have a shot against the weaker teams but still have the talent deficit against the really good ones. BAsed on that alone, no i can''t see us winning out. We probably win another game, perhaps two. Unfortunately not enough for my bet on the over....of 4.5 Ws. We could squeak out 4 Ws, is another 2. But to win 3 more??pretty hard against teams who are just way more talented than we are. That doesn't take away from our two WRs, that had breakout days...marquise and TRent T. Congrats to both and also to JG. But we go into our last 4 games tremendously less talented than several of our opponents. And yes other teams are injured too. It is that time of yr. But we , for the 4th yr running, once again got creamed by injuries. Somehow, someway, that has to be addressed...and fixed.

That is why guys like Reid and Ward, both of whom have had some excellent games have to go.They have the injury hx and that is the albatross hanging down around our necks. No more hiring or drafting guys with injury track record. Do that and we will address some of the injuries. The rest....IGNI...as in ...i got no idea. But watching the health of who we draft and who we FA is a start.
I think we can win maybe a couple more games...but if we don't I'm not worried. Put a better OL in front of Jimmy G and there's no telling what he can do. Add a big WR, a real playmaking TE, another good RB (not necessarily Barkley) and the offense should definitely go to a different level next season. This season's an audition...so Shanahan knows who he wants to go forward with and exactly the kind of players he wants Lynch to sign and draft.
One more win for 3-13. Jimmy looked smooth, but the roster still is missing a lot of talent so it wont be his fault. Win vs Houston.
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol barely beat a bad bears team and couldn't score a td, now they talking bout going undefeated.

No kidding. A guy puts up 15 pts against one of the worst teams in the league and suddenly people are talking about the quest for 6 again.

One week of reps as a starter, with only a sliver of the play book. I bet he didn't have more than an hour of red zone drills this week.

He has the skill set, and it appears he has the intangibles, more time in the system, and more work on red zone plays, he will score...win out,no, I don't think so the defense will have more to do with that.

I will say, his quick release, and quick decision making, made the Offensive line look better, until it was time to run the ball!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 4, 2017 at 7:41 AM ]
we will never lose a game again
3 or 4 wins still gives the niners a good spot in the draft! If two teams take QBs ahead of them it will leave--RB Barkley, DE/LB Chubb, OG Nelson, LB R Smith, WRs Sutton & Washington...lot of talent out there. They could still trade back and pick up a great player--RBs Guice & Love, DE/LB Key, etc. Should be a good draft for the niners' needs!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
id say 4-12
  • Garce
  • Veteran
6-0
I think Jimmy G saves us maybe once more. 3-13.

He may not have scored a TD but he sure looked a lot better than any QB the Niners have had in the past for a long time now. Just hoping he looks like that consistently, and once the team gets more talent around him things should start to fall into place.
Houston & Tennessee are very winnable. Double up our win total from last year and go 4-12
i think we beat the rams and texans to end out season. end up 4-12 with a fantastic position in the draft to get Harold Landry
Lol barely beat a bad bears team and couldn't score a td, now they talking bout going undefeated.

Don't make me report you, son.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Don't make me report you, son.

Also, the word undefeated appears nowhere in this thread other than in sus' post. #strawmanATTACK
Share 49ersWebzone