LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Cassius Marsh thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I remember this guy was at Von Millers pass rush summit.

The Pats didn't have him rushing the passer much (he was getting beat in coverage quite a bit though), so hopefully he gets more of a chance here.
[ Edited by saniner on Nov 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

It would be nice to have a SAM who can rush off the edge and cover some.

may get us closer to finally having that best front 7 in the nfl . they still have to revamp the linebackers and secondary.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Why Tomlinson? We have a real issue at guard and he's better than anyone else we currently have. Garrnett back and draft pick should add competition but from what i've seen he is more than serviceable.

Idk what games you're watching but Tomlinson is terrible. Yes he's better than Beadles but that's not saying much. Fusco has improved and is better than both Beadles and Tomlinson.
Based on what Saleh had to say, Marsh has a very high motor & never gives up. We could definitely use that kind of hustle and effort. Along with Day, they've added two more young guys that should provide some good competition and continue to mold what could become a very good and deep DL.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Championshet
Does this mean its the end for Harold?..

Elvis,Pita,Marsh and Gilbert will be coming back next year and you figure theres a good chance we take a pass rushing SAM in the draft that could slide to elephant in nickel.
reprtedf

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Championshet
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Patriots traded a fifth and a seventh to the Seahawks for him, only to release him two months later.

For anyone who says Belichick never loses on trades

who says he never loses. he probably makes more bad trades than good ones, but those good ones really pay off. we make bad trades and rarely get a good player in a trade. Boldin was one of the few exceptions.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Nov 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Elvis,Pita,Marsh and Gilbert will be coming back next year and you figure theres a good chance we take a pass rushing SAM in the draft that could slide to elephant in nickel.

How awesome would it be if Gilbert becomes our Leo after getting in the weight room a bit. I was really excited to see him play this year sucks he went on IR.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

How awesome would it be if Gilbert becomes our Leo after getting in the weight room a bit. I was really excited to see him play this year sucks he went on IR.

Should be working out like a motherf**ker in his upper body recovering from the ACL... Do we even know if that was a legit tear? Lol.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Don't let Mr. Marsh hear you call him that
Originally posted by cciowa:
It is incredibly encouraging. Aside from a few personnel choices (and where/when they are playing), I have been so much happier with this regime.

may get us closer to finally having that best front 7 in the nfl . they still have to revamp the linebackers and secondary.

I really like the starters and depth built up now thanks to the injuries and extra snaps. If we can get a couple real edge rushers, the entire defense goes to another level...and like you said, add a linebacker and anther high quality CB and we're in really good shape personnel wise...IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I really like the starters and depth built up now thanks to the injuries and extra snaps. If we can get a couple real edge rushers, the entire defense goes to another level...and like you said, add a linebacker and anther high quality CB and we're in really good shape personnel wise...IF THEY CAN STAY HEALTHY.

HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! HE-LLA DEPTH! I can smell FA and the draft already... Do I smell the senior bowl 2 months away?

I like this kid but if the Patriots cut you, there is a reason for it. Oh well, worth a shot. I'd rather give him a look than Aaron Lynch at this point
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I like this kid but if the Patriots cut you, there is a reason for it. Oh well, worth a shot. I'd rather give him a look than Aaron Lynch at this point

I almost feel the same. I like Marsh cause thatll push Harold. Only one of them makes it next year hopefully unless one of them truly emerges as a pass rush threat. We gotta draft one.. I had my eye on Alex Okafor as a SAM but he recently tore his acl.
Share 49ersWebzone