There are 177 users in the forums

Cassius Marsh thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kaepernick 2.0

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Those baby turtles are going to turn into this....
Originally posted by Giedi:
Those baby turtles are going to turn into this....

Dang, that's almost as big as Kaepernick's!

I'd rather have Monster X than Gamera on my D line.
And I'd rather have Gamera then a Pencil Neck Geek.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
So all I've seen is the long highlights, but from what I saw Marsh was a non factor....depending on him and Attaochu to come off the edge is gonna cost this team wins.
Really disappointed thus far in the preseason with him. Hope that doesn't carry over into the regular season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So all I've seen is the long highlights, but from what I saw Marsh was a non factor....depending on him and Attaochu to come off the edge is gonna cost this team wins.

Not looking explosive at all. Attaochu from the strong side edge and Marsh from the weak = zero concern for NFL QB's
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah, agree. Hope when Solomon comes back, the pressure up the middle will flush the QB to the edge rusher. Both Marsh and Attaochu looked very average out there today. I hope they can improve. I hope the fact that it's pre-season and they aren't going all out is a factor in their play. Pita flushed the QB out in the 4rth QTR I think, but that last drive by the Texans - I didn't see any heat on the QB at all.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Really disappointed thus far in the preseason with him. Hope that doesn't carry over into the regular season.

Agree

I hope it's a "Preseason Vanilla" reason.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

I doubt it has anything to do with vanilla.

I watched him the whole first drive and any other time I could find him. His pass rush sucks. Unless he's just not showing his pass rush moves because of preseason (which i doubt) all he can do is try and speed around the edge and it never works. He's got no power and has no real moves being a speed rush that OTs can handle with their eyes closed. Our pass rush is in serious trouble.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Antix:
Agree

I watched him the whole first drive and any other time I could find him. His pass rush sucks. Unless he's just not showing his pass rush moves because of preseason (which i doubt) all he can do is try and speed around the edge and it never works. He's got no power and has no real moves being a speed rush that OTs can handle with their eyes closed. Our pass rush is in serious trouble.

Can I ask you this, how many sacks or pressures did Aldon Smith have in 2011 and 2012 preseason?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Antix:
Agree

Can I ask you this, how many sacks or pressures did Aldon Smith have in 2011 and 2012 preseason?

Marsh is no where NEAR the talent aldon was, but I get your point it's preseason and there's a lot of vanilla d. Then there's guys like Marcus rush who look like a 10 plus sack guy during the preseason
Why are some surprised about Marsh???

All you have to do is watch all of his sacks last year... most, if not at all, came from free runs at the QB.

Shanny should've kept his mouth shut regarding our "pass rushers".
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2018 at 11:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone