LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

DL Sheldon Day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
How many Big Ends do we need...AA, Tank. Blair, Thomas, Day, Douzable, Jones, etc.

Good Lord...try out a LEO/ER for God's sake.

Pretty sure Niners are waiting for free agency or the draft for that much needed piece of the puzzle. Not likely to find that guy on the waiver wire in week 12. Would be nice though to get one soon.
He's young (23)...knows three of the teams the Niners will play. Jags are up to their eyeballs in DL, a big reason their defense has been so good this year. As for who gets cut, could be Hall, maybe Exum. I'd actually like to see DJ cut, but they'll likely let him play the rest of the season and say goodbye afterward. He's been a huge disappointment IMHO.
cut Lynch at this point. Good pickup
I'M A NOTRE DAME FAN AND I LOVE THIS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
How many Big Ends do we need...AA, Tank. Blair, Thomas, Day, Douzable, Jones, etc.

Pretty sure Niners are waiting for free agency or the draft for that much needed piece of the puzzle. Not likely to find that guy on the waiver wire in week 12. Would be nice though to get one soon.

He shouldn't be a big end. He is a DT and should be utilized that way.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Love it. He was a star at ND.

I'm not sure he will be a 5T but he could be real good as a 3T.

Signed for next year:

5T- Soloman Thomas / Arik Armstead
NT- Earl Mitchell / DJ Jones
3T- Deforest Buckner / Sheldon Day
LEO- Ronald Blair / Elvis Dumervil

I like it.

Free agents:

Tank Carradine
Leger Douzable
Aaron Lynch
Datone Jones

I'm not sure any of those 4 are brought back.

Good point. Saleh loves Tank so he is most likely.

Yep, DL is almost set. Add at LEO, resign Tank and maybe trade AA.
Soloman Thomas light
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Soloman Thomas sucks

FIFY.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I'M A NOTRE DAME FAN AND I LOVE THIS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, give us some stuff on him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's young (23)...knows three of the teams the Niners will play. Jags are up to their eyeballs in DL, a big reason their defense has been so good this year. As for who gets cut, could be Hall, maybe Exum. I'd actually like to see DJ cut, but they'll likely let him play the rest of the season and say goodbye afterward. He's been a huge disappointment IMHO.

No one has to be cut for Day, we had an open roster spot, we will need to cut or IR someone if we bring back Tank.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

He shouldn't be a big end. He is a DT and should be utilized that way.

I like big ends and I can not lie
Originally posted by mayo49:

quicker than fast; always penetrating in the backfield, him and smith were the leaders on defense, he was always there. Him and Rochell had "it." I knew he wouldn't be a first round draft choice because of his size but he has talent. He was solid against the run but better penetrating the center and right guard.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

quicker than fast; always penetrating in the backfield, him and smith were the leaders on defense, he was always there. Him and Rochell had "it." I knew he wouldn't be a first round draft choice because of his size but he has talent. He was solid against the run but better penetrating the center and right guard.

Sounds like he can fit in as Defo's backup.
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:

I don't see the point in bringing back Tank. I think AA in stronger in the run game and offers more potential if he can stay healthy. That's a big IF though.

I think we draft a LEO, maybe even at #2 if Cleveland doesn't take Bradley Chubb although I can't see us taking Dlinemen 4 years in a row.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:

I don't see the point in bringing back Tank. I think AA in stronger in the run game and offers more potential if he can stay healthy. That's a big IF though.

I think we draft a LEO, maybe even at #2 if Cleveland doesn't take Bradley Chubb although I can't see us taking Dlinemen 4 years in a row.

No, I don't think Cleveland takes Chubb - they're either going Rosen or Darnold.
Share 49ersWebzone