There are 240 users in the forums

49ers claim DL Sheldon Day

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,592
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by communist:
6-1, 294 pound heavy DT is undersized in our system?

Perfectly sized for us. I love squatty, athletic DTs.

It's all about leverage, man.
Liked him out of college, but hasn't fully produced on the field, yet. Hopefully a change will do him good and he'll provide good depth.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Day is replacing McDonald

Ronald?
Originally posted by steiber:
Liked him out of college, but hasn't fully produced on the field, yet. Hopefully a change will do him good and he'll provide good depth.

It's hard to produce playing behing Malik Jackson, Calais Campbell, Abry Jones, and now Marcell Dareus. He'll get more of an opportunity here. I'm sure he'll add a lot of depth behing Buckner
Jags fans comments below the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/amp/2017/11/18/16673560/jaguars-activate-dede-westbrook-for-browns-game-cut-sheldon-day


Short story, they think he's a good player and was only cut because they needed to fill holes from injuries. They say he deserves a chance to start somewhere. That when he played he was productive but didn't get much playing time.
[ Edited by LeProfessionnel on Nov 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,400
I hope he can stay healthy and be as good or better than Ian Williams
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Jags fans comments below the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/amp/2017/11/18/16673560/jaguars-activate-dede-westbrook-for-browns-game-cut-sheldon-day

Short story, they think he's a good player and was only cut because they needed to fill holes from injuries. They say he deserves a chance to start somewhere. That when he played he was productive but didn't get much playing time.

Lol I like this reply

"Dafuq?

Sheldon Day is a stud. We're gonna end up regretting this one."
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Jags fans comments below the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/amp/2017/11/18/16673560/jaguars-activate-dede-westbrook-for-browns-game-cut-sheldon-day

Short story, they think he's a good player and was only cut because they needed to fill holes from injuries. They say he deserves a chance to start somewhere. That when he played he was productive but didn't get much playing time.

One of the quotes " Sheldon Day is a stud. We're gonna end up regretting this one."
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Jags fans comments below the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigcatcountry.com/platform/amp/2017/11/18/16673560/jaguars-activate-dede-westbrook-for-browns-game-cut-sheldon-day

Short story, they think he's a good player and was only cut because they needed to fill holes from injuries. They say he deserves a chance to start somewhere. That when he played he was productive but didn't get much playing time.

Lol I like this reply

"Dafuq?

Sheldon Day is a stud. We're gonna end up regretting this one."


We play them in December. Hopefully he has a good game and helps our offense game plan a tad. lol
Good pickup. Young, cheap and potential to be good.

Cant f**k with Sheldon "Dre" Day.
Originally posted by NCommand:
How many Big Ends do we need...AA, Tank. Blair, Thomas, Day, Douzable, Jones, etc.

Good Lord...try out a LEO/ER for God's sake.

More. Considering AA, Thomas, Tank, Blair have all been hurt and the others were picked up off the street in desperation.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Really surprised to see him get cut since he was one of the better rookie DL last year. Great pickup and guess we just benefit from the Jaguars having an embarrassment of riches at DL. Day could start on atleast 10 NFL teams and is only 23.

Love this video from TC of him lighting up Fournette.


nice. the guard was cut by 5 pm.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Good pickup. Young, cheap and potential to be good.

This I hope
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Really surprised to see him get cut since he was one of the better rookie DL last year. Great pickup and guess we just benefit from the Jaguars having an embarrassment of riches at DL. Day could start on atleast 10 NFL teams and is only 23.

Love this video from TC of him lighting up Fournette.


nice. the guard was cut by 5 pm.

And probably picked up by us
Share 49erswebzone