LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

DL Sheldon Day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Should he get more playing time?
I wish I had the motivation to cut up film to highlight Sheldon Day. The guy has brought it every single game. He's only behind Defo when it comes to winning his matchups. Guy consistently plays with his hair on fire.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wish I had the motivation to cut up film to highlight Sheldon Day. The guy has brought it every single game. He's only behind Defo when it comes to winning his matchups. Guy consistently plays with his hair on fire.

I bet Saleh told Lynch to get Day when he was available. But Saleh is the most hated person on here...
Should be playing ahead of AA and Thomas
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Where is he at?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Where is he at?

Agreed, it seemed he got the most pressure on the fewest snaps of all the D-Line including Buck. Get him on the field.

Much better than AA, and I think he's better than Solly as well.

Although with the amount of 1st round "talent" on that line it is depressing considering we picked him up off the street.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Oct 8, 2018 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Agreed, it seemed he got the most pressure on the fewest snaps of all the D-Line including Buck. Get him on the field.

Much better than AA, and I think he's better than Solly as well.

Although with the amount of 1st round "talent" on that line it is depressing considering we picked him up off the street.

so we have too many pure DT's... i think he should play next to Buckner.. less time for Mitchell..
I thought he played really well against the Packers, he's solidified his position next to Buck on obvious passing downs.

Please note I didn't say, "in our Nickel package", I like our big nickel where we play a Nose Tackle, Mitchell isn't flashy but is solid in this role and DJ Jones is also ahead.

Day is our #2 3 Tech behind Buck, just so happens we play two when we expect pass.
  • Stud

He played at Notre Dame. Of course he's a stud. Jaylon Smith of the Cowboys and him were dominant playing side by side in 2015. Glad we got Sheldon.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I bet Saleh told Lynch to get Day when he was available. But Saleh is the most hated person on here...
Agree on both counts and I do not hate him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
PFF rates him as the 13th-best pass-rushing defensive tackle in the league.
Originally posted by Hopper:

He should be extended. Lock him up as he enters his prime. He's simply a more slippery player than Mitchell and linemen struggle to sustain blocks against his motor and quick hands and feet.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He should be extended. Lock him up as he enters his prime. He's simply a more slippery player than Mitchell and linemen struggle to sustain blocks against his motor and quick hands and feet.

Absolutely.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Day can play some NT as well and obviously one of the two 3T's in nickel but he and Buckner are our only two real must-signs this off season.
Share 49ersWebzone