LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

DL Sheldon Day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Dude has been such a nice 💎

This was basically like getting a late 3rd or early 4th rd pick as a bonus.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Thx Jax for Day. I love how the defense swarms to the ball. Saleh got these boys playing like hunting dogs. I like that Eli sticks his nose in there at the end. Stayed home and stuck to his assignment, but wanted to get a lick in as well.

Solid, very solid game. He's going to be a heck of a back-up/rotational guy

I think Ran Carthon has done a really good job as our director of pro personnel.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thx Jax for Day. I love how the defense swarms to the ball. Saleh got these boys playing like hunting dogs. I like that Eli sticks his nose in there at the end. Stayed home and stuck to his assignment, but wanted to get a lick in as well.

I think Ran Carthon has done a really good job as our director of pro personnel.

Lynch did a great job building his staff. The hype behind Peters looks to have been legit. Mayhew has experience building a bottom barrel team from the ground up and Carthon is a nice up and coming pro personnel scout. It's a nice mixture of two young talented guys and a wily vet operating on the player and pro personnel side of things.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 26, 2017 at 6:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Good call
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i agree. Marsh would be a good backup, not a starter though.

Yup, I think Marsh and Day will be quality backups for us.

Agreed, I hope we address/upgrade the depth at Linebacker. I don't see many here on the zone talking about that.

In my opinion the LEO is a kind of linebacker, (although he does play on the D Line) so in a sense it's been talked about a lot. Linebackers, in my opinion, in this day and age of the fast break passing attacks, they are going the way of the fullback. What you want back there are hybrid safety/linebackers like a Reid or a Kam Chancellor, and guys like Reuben who are fast enough to cover receivers and good tacklers. A Hall of Fame linebacker like Dick Butkus, today would probably be a LEO.

Dudes already taking snaps from Mitchell. No where to run inside with Day-Buckner.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dudes already taking snaps from Mitchell. No where to run inside with Day-Buckner.

He's made DJ Jones an inactive player on game days.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Exactly and Jones looked pretty good early on too.
Dude has been such a nice 💎

This was basically like getting a late 3rd or early 4th rd pick as a bonus.

Yep. Marsh was like a ghetto 5th lol.

That was a man sized clean up by Day. But Reuben was the star on that play without question. In fact, if Reuben whiffs on that it looked like it was well blocked and Fournette may have been running for awhile.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

That was a man sized clean up by Day. But Reuben was the star on that play without question. In fact, if Reuben whiffs on that it looked like it was well blocked and Fournette may have been running for awhile.

No wonder Reuben keeps getting hurt. Dude is a wrecking ball.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

No wonder Reuben keeps getting hurt. Dude is a wrecking ball.

Stfu and enjoy his play! Evil eye is for real. Wait till he wrecks the gym this off season.

Yup and Jones looked like a real promising player to. I still think he has a bright future here, just shows how solid Day is and obviously more experienced

Yup and Jones looked like a real promising player to. I still think he has a bright future here, just shows how solid Day is and obviously more experienced

Yeah. Gives us more pass rush.. Jones is that run stuffing big body a lot around here wanted. I wouldnt be surprised if we moved Mitchell and went with Jones and Day next year.
Yeah. Gives us more pass rush.. Jones is that run stuffing big body a lot around here wanted. I wouldnt be surprised if we moved Mitchell and went with Jones and Day next year.

DJ Jones is an attacking interior DL. I think Day is getting the nod because he's the more refined player. But DJ has big-time potential. He was getting comps to Grady Jarrett coming out(Grady Jarrett is one of the best 3ts in the NFL).
Share 49ersWebzone