Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Where do we think he ends up????

Interesting question. I repeatedly suggested NYJ as a good landing spot last offseason. Ppl didn't really get that take, however a lot of folks are starting to come around on that one, as NYJs Wilson has shown his true form, which is not good, and there are obvious SF ties in NYJ although less now, with Hackett as OC so I am not sure it makes as much sense now.

SF is as good a bet as any. He's like D Johnson he keeps coming back.

Not this time. His energizer battery is officially dead. The last injury IS the LAST injury. Let him go nurse his injuries somewhere else while collecting millions.

One twist I didn't see coming is it's hard to say he's even injury prone at this point. All our QBs are. He's no more prone than JJ, Purdy or TL. We thought it was a JG problem, but it appears to be a 49er problem.
Lol stop, JG has been injured a lot more than the others combined

Not on a per game basis / he's just had a longer career so he's got more volume stats.. but per game, it's all square.. in fact TL probably in the lead by far.
Lol it doesn't matter. jimmy is consistently injured. Until the other guys reach 8 years in the league than you can revisit your take

sure thing mr att see you here in 2031 to revisit don't chicken out on me
Nvm
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:27 AM ]

Interesting question. I repeatedly suggested NYJ as a good landing spot last offseason. Ppl didn't really get that take, however a lot of folks are starting to come around on that one, as NYJs Wilson has shown his true form, which is not good, and there are obvious SF ties in NYJ although less now, with Hackett as OC so I am not sure it makes as much sense now.

Not this time. His energizer battery is officially dead. The last injury IS the LAST injury. Let him go nurse his injuries somewhere else while collecting millions.

One twist I didn't see coming is it's hard to say he's even injury prone at this point. All our QBs are. He's no more prone than JJ, Purdy or TL. We thought it was a JG problem, but it appears to be a 49er problem.

Not on a per game basis / he's just had a longer career so he's got more volume stats.. but per game, it's all square.. in fact TL probably in the lead by far.
Lol it doesn't matter. jimmy is consistently injured. Until the other guys reach 8 years in the league than you can revisit your take

With this TB out of play news, let's run it back with JG. Unfinished business here.

JG and TL is a solid QB room and BP on the mend also
With this TB out of play news, let's run it back with JG. Unfinished business here.

Shouldn't JG want a multi-year deal though?

That's why I've tried to spur the GTD money Convo for weeks.

If I'm Junmy, I'm going to whomever's offering the most money GTD.

I mean...this is it for him regarding whatever his last major contract.
[ Edited by random49er on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:30 AM ]
No, not Jimmy G. He has to be cut. I'd rather have Trey, Purdy and another late round pick than bring Jimmy back. Draft a 3rd QB again in the 7th lol
Let 'em go
Originally posted by random49er:

I see 2 years incentive laden more money if he is starting, which is only fair. not too diff than his recent redo of his deal

if he ends up being a higher priced backup, so be it, we have money to spend at the position, and a lot of need for depth for obvious reasons
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
No, not Jimmy G. He has to be cut. I'd rather have Trey, Purdy and another late round pick than bring Jimmy back. Draft a 3rd QB again in the 7th lol

Or best one available with one of our later 3rd's before the last day of the draft. We can't really draft well with any other 3rd's we've had in the past so maybe we can get lucky.

Originally posted by random49er:

I see 2 years incentive laden more money if he is starting, which is only fair. not too diff than his recent redo of his deal

if he ends up being a higher priced backup, so be it, we have money to spend at the position, and a lot of need for depth for obvious reasons

I think he ends up going to the Jets if they don't get AR.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Or best one available with one of our later 3rd's before the last day of the draft. We can't really draft well with any other 3rd's we've had in the past so maybe we can get lucky.

I am so ready to turn this page. Hurry before this thread get to 10k pages Lol
I believe Oakland Raiders is looking for a QB
ya I don't think Jimmy would want to sign a contract just to keep Brock's seat warm for him... he gone
Share 49ersWebzone