LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Anyone who thinks this team is better if Lance is out for the year is a true hater plain and simple. To think this team is better off woth Purdy and Johnson over Lance and purdy is insane hates Lance, and is completely delusional. The hate is blinding you. Stop it.

fixed it for the other side of it too
Originally posted by mitpdub:

It's just unimaginable blind hatred to think Brock Purdy gives us a better chance in the playoffs than Jimmy G. Imagine hating that much. So filled with hate.

Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Brock is a lucky kid inheriting an offense full of probowlers and good players and KS calling plays with the #1 D poised for the playoffs, he can be the Savior and Hero for the season and even if he fails he tried as Mr. irrelevant, after both Trey and Jimmy goes down with season ending injury, what a story as compared to the 7-8 weeks none story that will most likely have no effect in anything substantial when this season concludes, Sunday was probably the last time we will ever see Jimmy in a 9er uniform ever again.

dude, give it a rest holy s**t.

also FWIW, it's *NON
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's just unimaginable blind hatred to think Brock Purdy gives us a better chance in the playoffs than Jimmy G. Imagine hating that much. So filled with hate.

I don't think anyone's really insinuated that? just that, if Brock is playing well and on a roll, you roll with the hot hand, logically. as many have said, it will be a tough decision. time will tell and things will be clearer.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
get well soon James. see you in January
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Maybe he comes back after all?

If it's not a Lisfranc fracture, then the heal time could be 6-8 weeks which could potentially allow Jimmy to be back for the playoffs….

but we need more specifics…

The Dr is in the name for a reason…

Sorry, didn't mean it to question your thoughts on the timeline. Laughing at all of the desperation to POSSIBLY have Jimmy by the NFCCG. Considering bringing him back for the biggest games of the year, games in which he always performs below average, is funny to me.

No worries bud. I knew where you were coming from, and I kind of agree. If Purdy gets on a roll, and we go in to the playoffs confident, I can't imagine Shanny going back to Jimmy (think Brady vs Bledsoe in 2001). But if we kind of stumble into the playoffs and are forced to go on the road in the Wildcard, I think Kyle will try his best to get Jimmy back.

I just think the "potential" of a Jimmy comeback has just injected some energy for the remainder of the season. I'm excited
If the 9ers don't make the playoffs due to Jimmy's injury and Purdy doesn't get the job done at QB1 then Jimmy is going to be a FA anyways before his foot is healed.

If the 9ers does make the playoffs that means Purdy is doing quite well and when Jimmy does get healed in 7-8 weeks, Jimmy won't be taking over QB1 anyway so it doesn't really matter other than maybe Jimmy can be healthy enough to be the backup to Purdy but he won't see the field anyway.

So does it really matter if his foot is healed in 7-8 weeks like his camp is dropping the news today to every sports media that would listen and spread the news? Not Really.
It is what it is, it's too late.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The advantage of having Jimmy for the playoffs is NOT that he replaces Brock, but rather he is available if Brock goes down or if the pressure of a playoff game is too much for him and he struggles. He's an option available to Kyle.

I'd much rather have that scenario than to go into a game with unproven Purdy and journeyman Josh Johnson as his backup.

if you're a Niners fan, this is great news just for the depth chart alone !

If the 9ers don't make the playoffs due to Jimmy's injury and Purdy doesn't get the job done at QB1 then Jimmy is going to be a FA anyways before his foot is healed.

If the 9ers does make the playoffs that means Purdy is doing quite well and when Jimmy does get healed in 7-8 weeks, Jimmy won't be taking over QB1 anyway so it doesn't really matter other than maybe Jimmy can be healthy enough to be the backup to Purdy but he won't see the field anyway.

So does it really matter if his foot is healed in 7-8 weeks like his camp is dropping the news today to every sports media that would listen and spread the news? Not Really.
in your opinon

I hope you realize how ridiculous all of this sounds. There are more holes in your reasoning than I can count.

Man you are strange
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Furlow:
It doesn't matter to me (or any real Niner fan) who our QB is, I will root for whoever is taking snaps. But Jimmy has a great story here and has been a great teammate. If he's able to comeback and win a Super Bowl for this team it would be one of the great comeback stories of all time.

Brock Purdy winning the Super Bowl would be an even better story. Going from "Mr. Irrelevant" to becoming the first rookie QB to win the Super Bowl would be historic.

We all hope Jimmy gets healthy in time for the playoffs and is able to act as a safety net in case Brock stumbles, but this is Brock's team and Brock's moment to shine. Talking about Jimmy coming back at this point in time just feels like a distraction.

If he can come back he's the starter. He's way more experienced. He has proven to be able to do deep playoff runs. If he's healthy enough and ready to go no doubt he is they starter. They go further with him too. No question about it.
If Brock has us playing at a high level, no way you go with jimmy

if we're struggling through and still winning then maybe yeah you might bring him back (playoff jimmy is not that great though)

Come on man. If he can play his light years ahead of Brock Purdy and gives us our best chance win win, advance and go deep in the playoffs. This isn't even a question.
he aint light years ahead..lol

My only concern with Jimmy coming back is whether he'll be ready to play a high-level game after being out for two months.

I get that. He was rusty for a few weeks with us earlier in the year. You'd hope he wouldn't have lost his groove. It's a legit concern.

At this point, we haven't seen enough of Purdy to know if this will even be a debate if we're still in it when Jimmy's healthy again. If Brock struggles significantly, obviously everyone will be happy for Jimmy to be back even not at 100%
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 6, 2022 at 7:28 PM ]
Haberman and Middlekauff on the Jimmy 7-8 weeks news:

https://youtu.be/Sl_S_QkAxGw

"Adam Schefter is very close to Don Yee... I think Jimmy's camp is just trying to do damage contorl that he does not have a Lisfranc... I don't expect to see Jimmy Grappolo anymore" They do not see Jimmy on the field either, damage contorl none news.. As Haberman, a previous scout, explains in the video if Jimmy had a Lisfranc and factor in his other injuries, Jimmy would be at max a 2M player in 2023.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 6, 2022 at 7:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone