LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
damn, I read it wrong lol... I thought you said Grant talking to Shanny in his post game interview and saying that lol....oh wells...

Haha I did as well
what if jimmy g has a better game and outscores tua?

like wins in a 69-64 score shootout type game
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 28, 2022 at 2:47 AM ]
Get us that 3rd Himmy.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Also Grant Cohn, talking to Shanahan in his postgame show: "You CAN'T blame Jimmy Garoppolo anymore," regarding red zone offense, and he then goes on to eviscerate Shanahan's playcalling.

But I thought Cohn was a Jimmy hater because he graded him a D? (Note he said the entire offense was garbage as well)

Why do you even take notice of the moron?

Grant Cohn is not that bad tbh idk why so many on this forum hate on him. He can be overly critical at times, but that's not always a bad thing

but to answer 5_Rings, Grant has been giving props to Jimmy for awhile now. It's Shanahan who he's been going after as of late
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Nov 28, 2022 at 3:27 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jimmy G is playing very well this year. No problems with him.

Has Jimmy even had one of his BAD Jimmy Turnover Moments this year? Aside from injuries, the overaggressive play that leads to silly turnovers has been my only gripe with him. We don't need him to be Patrick Mahomes, just to be efficient and move the ball and let his receivers mount up YAC.

Feels like he's played very cleanly this year, and especially since we've gotten CMC. It's still a work-in-progress, but this offense is trending upward if we can just keep everyone healthy. (Big If. )

He did yesterday. Pick 6 was called back on a bad call IMO. The Niners and Saints got lucky with some bad calls at opportune times yesterday. That third rate officiating crew decided to make the game about themselves…
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Jimmy G is playing very well this year. No problems with him.

Has Jimmy even had one of his BAD Jimmy Turnover Moments this year? Aside from injuries, the overaggressive play that leads to silly turnovers has been my only gripe with him. We don't need him to be Patrick Mahomes, just to be efficient and move the ball and let his receivers mount up YAC.

Feels like he's played very cleanly this year, and especially since we've gotten CMC. It's still a work-in-progress, but this offense is trending upward if we can just keep everyone healthy. (Big If. )

He did yesterday. Pick 6 was called back on a bad call IMO. The Niners and Saints got lucky with some bad calls at opportune times yesterday. That third rate officiating crew decided to make the game about themselves…

yeah that was dreadful to watch because of that alone
Couldn't see the game but the offensive flow was about expected. Jimmy (almost3picks) today, isn't going to maintain multiple games imitating Brady. 13 points is what we're gonna get with Jimmy, against good D's with more pass attempts than runs. There is no excuse for less than 25 points per, with this talent. Philly and the Bills and Eagles are similarly talented but have qb's. We aren't winning a SB against a stacked box with Jimmy. You can really see it deep in the redzone. Jimmy is so limited.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Grant cohn gave jimmy a 'D' in a game where he threw 40 times, didnt turn the ball over, got punched in the face at least twice, got brady'ed, and tossed the touchdown that sealed it.

Can we ban his links? He's not credible.

That's just dumb. Bur not unexpected.

He's a lot more credible than the homers here. No one here was complaining of the A+ grade he gave Jimmy last week.

Me personally I grade him higher vs the Saints, including because the quality of the Saints stiff D when healthy makes it a curve for the grade. But Cohn is no less credible than either of you guys, I'm afraid to say.

You're evading. The 'D' grade is ridiculous. And that is FAR less credible than anything I have said in the last year. He's trying to salvage his bet-the-farm-on-Trey mentality. I am way more credible than that, sorry. Also, I put Kyle on the hot seat when he can't call a run game, and his pass designs give jimmy 8" targets. THAT is way more credible perspective than Cohn narcissistic sensationalism. A 'D.' GMAFB.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 28, 2022 at 5:17 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jimmy G. played great against bad teams (Carolina, Rams and Cardinals). He was avg today. He is not an elite QB. Defenses can easily prepare for him.

If the 49ers win the SB this year, give Jimmy G. the contract he deserves. Lance, well, deal with it when you have to. This is a not a "sentimental league", it's a business, and he who wins, he will be rewarded!

70% completion rate and he threw some dimes. Ever notice when the Oline is not pass protecting JG doesn't have a stella game?

Its a team sport.

I wouldn't say this is entirely true. There were multiple plays today where Jimmy did have time. Someone posted somewhere here that his Time to throw today was .5 sec longer than his average, so he had more time than hes usually had today.

Numerous times today he was forced to hold the ball longer because no one was open. The result was he was getting hammered after being forced to hold it that extra .5 seconds.

I don't see how's he's forced to do anything just throw it away. Getting hammered can end our season. Can't do it.

He completed passes by waiting instead of throwing it away early so he wouldn't get hit.

several times
Originally posted by socal1632:
Couldn't see the game but the offensive flow was about expected. Jimmy (almost3picks) today, isn't going to maintain multiple games imitating Brady. 13 points is what we're gonna get with Jimmy, against good D's with more pass attempts than runs. There is no excuse for less than 25 points per, with this talent. Philly and the Bills and Eagles are similarly talented but have qb's. We aren't winning a SB against a stacked box with Jimmy. You can really see it deep in the redzone. Jimmy is so limited.

what were the other almost picks? The kittle in the end zone pass, that some allege was in tended for aiyuk? The jennings touchdown?

I saw the pic 6 on tv, but didn't really saee a replay. Can someone break that down? Did our guy get held or slowed down? Looking to see where the disconnect was between jimmy and receiver.

Off a short week with a national holiday in the middle of the practice week in a game where he was getting the s**t beat out of him. He still completed 68% of his passes and did enough to get the W. Stop being whiner fans.
Also Grant Cohn, talking to Shanahan in his postgame show: "You CAN'T blame Jimmy Garoppolo anymore," regarding red zone offense, and he then goes on to eviscerate Shanahan's playcalling.

But I thought Cohn was a Jimmy hater because he graded him a D? (Note he said the entire offense was garbage as well)

Actually, Jimmy saved our ass (except for the non-pic) by once again making smart decisions with the ball to throw away when needed. he also continued his amazing progress in cutting down in-pocket fumbles from 2019 season. No dropsies despite getting smacked around.

There's more to playing QB than throwing dimes 30 yards downfield people.

And as far as play progression goes, NO ONE was getting to a third read today the way our oline was manhandled. Jimmy paid the price multiple times. Wouldn't be surprised to see Purdy start a couple games.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 28, 2022 at 5:27 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Off a short week with a national holiday in the middle of the practice week in a game where he was getting the s**t beat out of him. He still completed 68% of his passes and did enough to get the W. Stop being whiner fans.

[tweet

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
what were the other almost picks? The kittle in the end zone pass, that some allege was in tended for aiyuk? The jennings touchdown?

I saw the pic 6 on tv, but didn't really saee a replay. Can someone break that down? Did our guy get held or slowed down? Looking to see where the disconnect was between jimmy and receiver.

I don't believe the WR being held was the targeted WR.
Share 49ersWebzone