LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jimmy G. played great against bad teams (Carolina, Rams and Cardinals). He was avg today. He is not an elite QB. Defenses can easily prepare for him.

If the 49ers win the SB this year, give Jimmy G. the contract he deserves. Lance, well, deal with it when you have to. This is a not a "sentimental league", it's a business, and he who wins, he will be rewarded!

Trey BUST has proven nothing other than to be fragile and he can't throw or read a defense or finish the year with Jimmy G on the roster who replaces him.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Jimmy G. played great against bad teams (Carolina, Rams and Cardinals). He was avg today. He is not an elite QB. Defenses can easily prepare for him.

If the 49ers win the SB this year, give Jimmy G. the contract he deserves. Lance, well, deal with it when you have to. This is a not a "sentimental league", it's a business, and he who wins, he will be rewarded!

70% completion rate and he threw some dimes. Ever notice when the Oline is not pass protecting JG doesn't have a stella game?

Its a team sport.

Agreed, OLine was not great today. Saints defense is better than advertised. On thing for sure, Jimmy G. had a gutsy performance, glad he didn't get injured, phew!

I would say Jimmy G played like how the Oline played today, nothing great, but did enough to get the W.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

70% completion rate and he threw some dimes. Ever notice when the Oline is not pass protecting JG doesn't have a stella game?

Its a team sport.

I wouldn't say this is entirely true. There were multiple plays today where Jimmy did have time. Someone posted somewhere here that his Time to throw today was .5 sec longer than his average, so he had more time than hes usually had today.

The Oline wasn't all trash but wasn't doing what it was doing last week. That is why JG got a 70% completion rate despite some full on pressure that saw him on his ass a few times. Our Oline has to be sharper and not let themselves be manhandled so much

Its a team sport.

I wouldn't say this is entirely true. There were multiple plays today where Jimmy did have time. Someone posted somewhere here that his Time to throw today was .5 sec longer than his average, so he had more time than hes usually had today.

The Oline wasn't all trash but wasn't doing what it was doing last week. That is why JG got a 70% completion rate despite some full on pressure that saw him on his ass a few times. Our Oline has to be sharper and not let themselves be manhandled so much

Yeah they weren't, but everyone seems to make it like the Oline let the defenders into Jimmy's face as soon as the ball was hiked on every play.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 27, 2022 at 9:43 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Its a team sport.

Yeah they weren't, but everyone seems to make it like the Oline let the defenders into Jimmy's face as soon as the ball was hiked on every play.

No. But some like McGlinchy have to get more sumo wrestler like
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

they were playing dirty. f**k them.

Do they play this dirty usually? It feels like everytime we play them they have at least several dirty plays.

This is the team of gregg williams, remember?

Darnell Dockett motherf**ker
  • dj43

Its a team sport.

Numerous times today he was forced to hold the ball longer because no one was open. The result was he was getting hammered after being forced to hold it that extra .5 seconds.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

they were playing dirty. f**k them.

Do they play this dirty usually? It feels like everytime we play them they have at least several dirty plays.

This is the team of gregg williams, remember?

Darnell Dockett motherf**ker

That boy was A dirty mofo
Originally posted by dj43:

Its a team sport.

Numerous times today he was forced to hold the ball longer because no one was open. The result was he was getting hammered after being forced to hold it that extra .5 seconds.

This is true for now, but I want to see the all 22 and see if no one really was open or did he just miss.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Its a team sport.

The biggest think against us was NO defense. It was really good today.

he did not slander jimmy g of course but i bet he thinks like that just like everyone: tua > jimmy

we'll find out soon!
Originally posted by picklejuice:

he did not slander jimmy g of course but i bet he thinks like that just like everyone: tua > jimmy

we'll find out soon!

The dude is definitely backtracking
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:

we'll find out soon!

right... I just read his quotes in the article... now he trying to back track.... I hope the 49ers whoop them to oblivion with CMC and Mason going for 250 + yards.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:

we'll find out soon!

I'll give Mostert the benefit of the doubt against a reporter pulling a few lines out of an otherwise lengthy interview. Context is everything.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Grant cohn gave jimmy a 'D' in a game where he threw 40 times, didnt turn the ball over, got punched in the face at least twice, got brady'ed, and tossed the touchdown that sealed it.

Can we ban his links? He's not credible.

That's just dumb. Bur not unexpected.

He's a lot more credible than the homers here. No one here was complaining of the A+ grade he gave Jimmy last week.

Me personally I grade him higher vs the Saints, including because the quality of the Saints stiff D when healthy makes it a curve for the grade. But Cohn is no less credible than either of you guys, I'm afraid to say.
Share 49ersWebzone