LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Probably the most sore QB in the NFL come morning lol. Hats off to him for doing enough despite the pounding. The poor fellow had been comfortably in a groove for weeks, but Saints wasn't having it.

All those hits he brings on himself just get it out quicker.. if it's not there just put it away
Haven't watched the broadcast but watching live felt like he had a lot of time back there
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Probably the most sore QB in the NFL come morning lol. Hats off to him for doing enough despite the pounding. The poor fellow had been comfortably in a groove for weeks, but Saints wasn't having it.

All those hits he brings on himself just get it out quicker.. if it's not there just put it away
Haven't watched the broadcast but watching live felt like he had a lot of time back there

About as much as you would expect vs Jordan and Davenport. Jordan is one of the best to do it
Won the game 13 - 0. Won 4 in a row. #3 seed in the playoffs. Taken control of the division. Throws touchdowns and wins games.

WZ still complaining.

Saints defense played very well. Especially the D line.

props to Jimmy for even getting some of those throws off and taking those hits.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

NGS had him with an average time to throw of 2.9 seconds this week, one of the slowest in the league, so your eyes did not deceive you.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Nov 27, 2022 at 8:09 PM ]
Totally awful outing

Dont be misled by stupid stats. Is the team (especially defense) winning the games for him. He is not more than an average qb in a great team, and this is why we always lose in the final games of the playoffs. He is not good enough to win it all
Originally posted by alwayssecond:
Totally awful outing

Dont be misled by stupid stats. Is the team (especially defense) winning the games for him. He is not more than an average qb in a great team, and this is why we always lose in the final games of the playoffs. He is not good enough to win it all

Give it a rest. An awful outing is not winning 13 - 0, 4 in a row, taking control of the division, throwing touchdowns and winning games.
Totally awful outing

Yeah ok, awful outing. He was doing fine until he got cheap shotted in the knee. Looks like he could be injured.
At some point he was going to have a down game. Saints front is one of the better units in the NFL and pounded him all day.

That said, while he was EXTREMELY
lucky on the negated interception (nearly a pick six), he also made a few very big plays to help us win.

There were about three legit bad throws in that game, but otherwise Jimmy did solid considering how much pressure he was under.
Injuries has always been Jimmy's achilles' heel, and now he possibly has another. It sucks, but people will continue to use it against him.

Originally posted by 49ers_Life:
Totally awful outing

Yeah ok, awful outing. He was doing fine until he got cheap shotted in the knee. Looks like he could be injured.

The first half, we put up 214 yards of offense and 10 points. (Execute a couple plays better and that could've been 21-0 at halftime)
If we kept up that pace in the second half, we would've had 400+ yards of offense. (Perspective: Buffalo's #2 offense averages 416 ypg).
The offense was moving, but we missed some plays.

We weren't able to replicate that in the second half, due to the offense getting banged up and the game situations---one drive was us backed up at our own 1 yard line after forcing a fumble, and our last drive was us milking 6 minutes of clock just running the ball.

Yes, we need to get better on offense, and yes, the Dolphins are looming.
But no, the sky isn't falling and we don't need to overhaul the offense. They just need to stay healthy so that the offense can build continuity and rhythm. Shanahan offenses with the 49ers always get better over the course of the season. They're a team that just continually grinds and works at it, and I know they'll do the same and I'm confident our offense will be playoff-ready.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This is a really bad comparison.

Yes, our fanbase took a while to embrace Young. That's because we traded Joe freakin Montana to make way for him.

Elite 49er QB list? Young was a league MVP before he won the Superbowl.

I just fail to see how the two situations/players are in any way comparable.

Through 60 games Steve and Jimmy G are 41-19, each. If that's not comparable I don't know what is.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Yes, our fanbase took a while to embrace Young. That's because we traded Joe freakin Montana to make way for him.

Through 60 games Steve and Jimmy G are 41-19, each. If that's not comparable I don't know what is.

Here we go. At the end of the day, the underlying argument here is whether Wins are an appropriate stat to track for QB's. I feel like you guys are about to argue in circles about something that gets debated all the time.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Here we go. At the end of the day, the underlying argument here is whether Wins are an appropriate stat to track for QB's. I feel like you guys are about to argue in circles about something that gets debated all the time.

Jimmy G throws touchdowns and wins games.

All you just said was Steve's team was as successful against their opponents as Jimmy's team is.
Share 49ersWebzone