LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
They started 3-5 last year and then only started winning games because Kyle pulled that wideback crap out of his ass and saved his reputation.

I think the bag of tricks is empty now. It's pretty much over.
This could not be more hilarious. Everybody who was in love with Jimmy has migrated to the Kyle Shanahan thread to call for him to be fired, rather than face the music in this thread.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
when the play is designed to progress starting on the left half of the entire field away from Aiyuk, then the chances of that 'throw' to be made in the first place are automatically going to be drastically reduced anyway.

I know that the explanation/excuse will eventually be overtaken,...but from my vantage point, and as said here....

Just as with Jimmy's play (although different),...the progressions clearly begin on the other side. But the much younger Mahomes (2018?) opts to take advantage of the 1-on-1.

This is the next step in this offense that seems to have never been taken. People are saying they want Jimmy to have more freedom within the offense. I'm just showing an example of it that's pretty clear and available.

In high school when we ran a play like this, the QB was instructed to glance at the safety on the right side at the snap to see if this is a cover two (or some coverage where the corner on the right has the freedom to be aggressive). Pivot/whip routes take time to develop. That was almost certainly the primary, which means there was enough time to glance at the safety on the right side. And if he wasn't back peddling, you throw that out.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Sep 25, 2022 at 9:21 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Jimmy in his postgame presser all smiles and using "we" alot. Never "I". A typical Jimmy presser after a loss. Is this what leadership is? Being ok with a loss and never taking accountability?

"I" would mean he needs to play at a probowler level, which he isn't, same issue as Krap, limitations, needed to be carried and even then can still choke in SBs and NFCCs.. 🤣

LAST CHANCE JIMMY, MAKE IT WORTH WHILE..
Different year, same old sorry azz Jimmy G.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
This could not be more hilarious. Everybody who was in love with Jimmy has migrated to the Kyle Shanahan thread to call for him to be fired, rather than face the music in this thread.

naw, theres a lot of us who have been calling for his head for year.
this was on Jimmy G if he wouldn't take that safety he would've given the pick 6
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Jimmy in his postgame presser all smiles and using "we" alot. Never "I". A typical Jimmy presser after a loss. Is this what leadership is? Being ok with a loss and never taking accountability?
been sayin gthis for a year now
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
when the play is designed to progress starting on the left half of the entire field away from Aiyuk, then the chances of that 'throw' to be made in the first place are automatically going to be drastically reduced anyway.

I know that the explanation/excuse will eventually be overtaken,...but from my vantage point, and as said here....

Just as with Jimmy's play (although different),...the progressions clearly begin on the other side. But the much younger Mahomes (2018?) opts to take advantage of the 1-on-1.

This is the next step in this offense that seems to have never been taken. People are saying they want Jimmy to have more freedom within the offense. I'm just showing an example of it that's pretty clear and available.

In high school when we ran a play like this, the QB was instructed to glance at the safety on the right side at the snap to see if this is a cover two (or some coverage where the corner on the right has the freedom to be aggressive). Pivot/whip routes take time to develop. That was almost certainly the primary, which means there was enough time to glance at the safety on the right side. And if he wasn't back peddling, you throw that out.

I never played the position so good stuff!
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

True. All we heard from this crowd for a long time was that this was a Superbowl caliber roster and we couldn't waste a year developing Trey. Months of preemptively blaming Trey for everything, but Trey gets injured and now they have to find a new target to blame for everything.

Jimmy G. is a backup QB. Every NFL team has one, they are not supposed to play great and win all the time. He is the only choice at this point, you have to get the best out of him.
1-2, early in the season, plenty of time to recover.
Learn from mistakes, prepare harder and play better in the next game, move on.
I partly blame the final fumble on JG too. He made Wilson slow down a lot and reach for the ball, allowing the backside defender enough time to catch up and strip him.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This is laughable. Still talking about Jimmy getting traded with all the oohs and aahs.

There was never any plan to trade Jimmy before September, if even that..

FO had to talk it up for Trey's mental state.

They went through the OTA and training camp motions, did the evaluations, and -- surprise -- said not this year for Trey.

Like, we didn't know that in February.

Then what happened happened. Not gonna get into a discussion about it.

And here we are with Jimmy.

Let's talk about the present.

Jimmy gonna do better with a fixed up arm.

He will do better on turnovers than last year, which was a BIG improvement over 2019 (fumbles).

Start polishing the hardware baby, cuz Jimmy Moses gonna take us to the promised land.

Originally posted by 49ersking:
Jimmy G. is a backup QB. Every NFL team has one, they are not supposed to play great and win all the time. He is the only choice at this point, you have to get the best out of him.
1-2, early in the season, plenty of time to recover.
Learn from mistakes, prepare harder and play better in the next game, move on.

What the heck are you doing in here with this rational thought?

Don't you know that the world is ending at midnight?
Posted this in the Trey Lance thread but I'll repost here:

So I was told that the injury to Trey was a "good thing" and that it "increased our super bowl odds" and that this offense would be "more efficient" with Jimmy Garoppolo. That's what I was told, by the media and many fans. That clearly was not the case, at least tonight. This was never a super bowl or bust roster. Defensively, yes it is a SB defense, but our offensive line is way too inexperienced and our WRs haven't proven to be elite pass catchers to call them a SB offense. I always thought that this was going to be a year where we compete but aren't all the way there yet, so I was excited to just see Trey get some experience, go through the growing pains and hopefully come out the other side a better QB than what Jimmy could give us. Unfortunately that was taken away, and so this team is stuck in purgatory until 2023. This team simply cannot overcome the limitations of Jimmy G, and the offensive line needs a year or 2 to develop.
Share 49ersWebzone