LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Each day that passes makes it more likely that the Niners will wait until the last day and then release him. I'm not hearing any strong trade rumors.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Each day that passes makes it more likely that the Niners will wait until the last day and then release him. I'm not hearing any strong trade rumors.

We passed the obvious point of this outcome long ago.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Where's your countdown, Strwy?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

teams know they can wait us out.. lynch has been hoping other teams will blink for months.. not happening..... so move on. do not fret or worry about where he will go. just be happy this distraction is done and we have some extra money
Originally posted by mayo49:

Oh s**t I forgot... Long night. 9 days
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Oh s**t I forgot... Long night. 9 days

[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 21, 2022 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

teams know they can wait us out.. lynch has been hoping other teams will blink for months.. not happening..... so move on. do not fret or worry about where he will go. just be happy this distraction is done and we have some extra money

Even if a QB gets injured today, no one is moving to trade for him. Why would they?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Even if a QB gets injured today, no one is moving to trade for him. Why would they?

lynch should have known this for a long long time. plus he over valued jimmy in the first place which happened before the shoulder surgery.. it all goes back to that in my opinion plus the bloated contract lynch game him
Originally posted by random49er:
Jimmy's been a bad boy.

😂
Is there any real chance he's held onto past the 30th until the true deadline on 9/10? I just don't see it. Doesn't have the playbook, not in meetings or talking to Griese. Seems like giving him a spot on the 53 would be an unnecessary risk for a team already facing a tough roster crunch. Is it worth holding him for an extra week at risk of letting a potentially good depth player slip away?

lynch should have known this for a long long time. plus he over valued jimmy in the first place which happened before the shoulder surgery.. it all goes back to that in my opinion plus the bloated contract lynch game him
Again, you can't overvalue anything if you don't have any offers. Which Jimmy's agent was supposed to find since March
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Is there any real chance he's held onto past the 30th until the true deadline on 9/10? I just don't see it. Doesn't have the playbook, not in meetings or talking to Griese. Seems like giving him a spot on the 53 would be an unnecessary risk for a team already facing a tough roster crunch. Is it worth holding him for an extra week at risk of letting a potentially good depth player slip away?

Is it worth it? No. Do I think we are going to. Yes. Only because of Seattle.

Jimmy and his agent have to really be concerned with the lack of interest. He'll be a free agent and I have to wonder how much any team is going to pay him. Will he get more than a one year deal?

I mean it's "Dibs." Let's say a QB on a team that has one of the worst rosters gets injured, they become first in line. If he gets cut he can go to a place where he knows he may not be the starter right away but has a good enough roster to make him look good in a limited amount of games (if the starter sucks or is injured), that one year contract could turn into a decent starting deal.

Jimmy and his agent have to really be concerned with the lack of interest. He'll be a free agent and I have to wonder how much any team is going to pay him. Will he get more than a one year deal?

Back up with a chance to start. If his salary for the year were spread over 2 years and it were March, this would be an attractive trade for a team that needs a guy but can draft high enough to develop a rookie QB.

I still think teams like Carolina, Atlanta, the Giants, and Washington could've done better with Jimmy, but his track record is spotty. At any rate, when he's released I can't see a rush to get him immediately.
Share 49ersWebzone