There are 263 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Is Jimmy part of the qb room during this offseason at all... if not, they have no plan for him to be with the team this season.

Hasnt been to a meeting or practiced on the same field all off season. He gone.

Thats not completely true he was seen throwing on the sidelines earlier in TC. But yes I don't expect to be on the team come September 11th.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Article by Florio.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/20/will-anyone-fall-for-the-49ers-new-jimmy-garoppolo-bluff/
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 20, 2022 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Is Jimmy part of the qb room during this offseason at all... if not, they have no plan for him to be with the team this season.

Thats not completely true he was seen throwing on the sidelines earlier in TC. But yes I don't expect to be on the team come September 11th.
The deadline is August 30th
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I think the real deadline, if they're going to stretch it out, is September 10th. Then his salary becomes FGD after that.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 20, 2022 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think the real deadline, if they're going to stretch it out, is September 10th. Then his salary becomes FGD after that.
I haven't seen that one. I saw the 53 man roster deadline was the 30th so I assumed if he's on the 53 he's pretty much on the team with salary

Completely true, he is at practice but throwing on a different field as everyone else. Did you see the picture of all the fans having to sit backwards in TC to watch him? He is on a side field .

I haven't seen that one. I saw the 53 man roster deadline was the 30th so I assumed if he's on the 53 he's pretty much on the team with salary

His contract is first game he is guaranteed, which is 9/11. So 9/10 he can be cut and not get his contract. But after 8/30 he would have to be named to the 53 man roster for those 12 days and take someone who is actually making the team spot. I dont expect that.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

No. Why would you give your playbook to a guy who might be starting for the Seahawks in a month?

I doubt that's even an issue. Jimmy knows the playbook already. All teams know what what plays they run. It's no big secret. Every team has access to all the film and video they need.

Doesnt matter even if gire does know the playbook. The offense with Lance will be much different and honestly more explosive. I know Kyle downplays Trey starting, says the season doesn't ride or die with him, says the O won't change, but he has to say those things. The offense better not be the same. Hell it might be an advantage if Jimmy goes to Seattle. He'll give them our Windows 98 offense right before we roll out the Windows 11 version.

His contract is first game he is guaranteed, which is 9/11. So 9/10 he can be cut and not get his contract. But after 8/30 he would have to be named to the 53 man roster for those 12 days and take someone who is actually making the team spot. I dont expect that.

The NFL has to make everything so complicated.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

No. Why would you give your playbook to a guy who might be starting for the Seahawks in a month?

I doubt that's even an issue. Jimmy knows the playbook already. All teams know what what plays they run. It's no big secret. Every team has access to all the film and video they need.

Doesnt matter even if gire does know the playbook. The offense with Lance will be much different and honestly more explosive. I know Kyle downplays Trey starting, says the season doesn't ride or die with him, says the O won't change, but he has to say those things. The offense better not be the same. Hell it might be an advantage if Jimmy goes to Seattle. He'll give them our Windows 98 offense right before we roll out the Windows 11 version.

I am rooting for him to go to Seattle. He doesn't fit there at all. Would be awesome!

• mayo49
  • Veteran

The 49ers have to cut down to a 53-man roster on August 30th, although they can keep Jimmy Garoppolo and his non-guaranteed salary until September 10th, which is the date when his $24.2 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 20, 2022 at 12:10 PM ]

Yeah no s**t. Everyone knew that unless Watson was suspended for the year they weren't trading for Jimmy.

The 49ers have to cut down to a 53-man roster on August 30th, although they can keep Jimmy Garoppolo and his non-guaranteed salary until September 10th, which is the date when his $24.2 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed.
But he will take a roster spot if he lasts past the 30th?

I don't think that's worth it

But he will take a roster spot if he lasts past the 30th?

I don't think that's worth it

Agreed, not losing an actual player that will contribute is more valuable than holding onto Jimmy for 10 days hoping to get a 7th round pick. For example would you rather keep a player like Hasty or lose him and keep Jimmy for 10 days and release him.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Now I hope that happens so that you have to redo your stupid countdown lol.
Share 49ersWebzone