LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
If only Lynch and Shanahan didn't have that dumb ass press conference after the Rams loss. 😤
Instead of playing the QB competition card and keeping the teams intentions close to their vests, they told the whole damn league we were threw with Jimmy. WTF.
Thats why no trade. 😡
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope we release Jimmy and he ends up starting in Seattle. This is my prime scenario.

Agreed. SEA goes 6-11 as opposed to 3-14. They miss out on the top 2/3 QB prospects, or at least it forces them to use their draft capital.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
If only Lynch and Shanahan didn't have that dumb ass press conference after the Rams loss. 😤
Instead of playing the QB competition card and keeping the teams intentions close to their vests, they told the whole damn league we were threw with Jimmy. WTF.
Thats why no trade. 😡

I'm very glad they didn't take your advise. Lance needed all the reps as QB1 and none of the distraction. Everyone knows Jimmy can win games. He can pick up clutch 3rd downs and is unusually effective at the end of the first half at scoring. He also just isn't good enough to win a SB. We don't know whether Lance can or not, but we do know that Lance is excelling at the deep ball, the single skill that a Tampa executive said had he had it, he'd be a 2-time SB champ.

Jimmy is still a starting QB and a guy who can get a good team to the playoffs, save someone's job. But he's not winning a SB.
Just release him on Monday. End his charade of we can get him traded. Jimmy's agent probably told all the teams he is unwilling to negotiate his salary and would prefer Jimmy gets released so he can choose his destination.

I think he will play for the team that offers him the most guaranteed money even if it is as a backup or only for 11 games. He isn't a dude that is hellbent on coming in and demanding to be a starter from day 1 wherever he goes. He is like pay me, when your QB sucks/gets injured, I'll prove to you how good I am. The surrounding cast will determinate how well he does.
I'm just throwing this out there - in my Madden 23 franchise, I put Jimmy on the trade block. Seattle offered a 2nd, a 4th, and Safety Quandre Diggs! Maybe we can show Pete this and be like "Psst this is a modern football simulator and you should do this!"? :)
Matt Corral getting X rays for a foot injury
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewk:
Matt Corral getting X rays for a foot injury

Is he a starter?
3rd in line behind Darnold and Baker boy but he's been going big guns in camp
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewk:
3rd in line behind Darnold and Baker boy but he's been going big guns in camp

We need a starter to go down to get some trade action for Jimmy.
10 days

Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Just release him on Monday. End his charade of we can get him traded. Jimmy's agent probably told all the teams he is unwilling to negotiate his salary and would prefer Jimmy gets released so he can choose his destination.

I think he will play for the team that offers him the most guaranteed money even if it is as a backup or only for 11 games. He isn't a dude that is hellbent on coming in and demanding to be a starter from day 1 wherever he goes. He is like pay me, when your QB sucks/gets injured, I'll prove to you how good I am. The surrounding cast will determinate how well he does.

If his agent is saying this then I get why we're continuing to screw over Jimmy by playing keep away with him
Jed comes out and says we can keep Jimmy on the roster. A few years back both Joe and Steve went down and Bono finished the season, we went 10-6. We could've won it all that season with Bono at QB but couldn't make the dance. The moral of the story, a reliable backup can still take you all the way.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Jed comes out and says we can keep Jimmy on the roster. A few years back both Joe and Steve went down and Bono finished the season, we went 10-6. We could've won it all that season with Bono at QB but couldn't make the dance. The moral of the story, a reliable backup can still take you all the way.

Worst possible option
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Jimmy's had 5 years to take us all the way and failed. He's getting cut.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Jimmy's had 5 years to take us all the way and failed. He's getting cut.

How many times has Brady been beaten at the Big Show? You have to get there and Jimmy got us there. I'll take my chances with him more than anyone else on the roster if the starter goes down. Do you have a better alternative?
Share 49ersWebzone