There are 173 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • gotem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
It's gonna be tight for the Browns, the 49ers, and any team remotely interested in Jimmy G for Deshaun Watson's suspension to not get settled quickly. Week 1 is less than a month away, and I don't remember what date is D-Day for the 49ers and Jimmy's salary.

D day is Saturday 9/10 afternoon. 8/31 is 53 man roster designation deadline. The way management has treated this situation... He'll be cut at the last min... Meaning hell be on the 53. If Watson doesn't get the whole year i might be able to see Jimmy not making it past the 53 man deadline.

Who's more valuable generally? Jimmy or some 53rd on the cusp player. Good example would be losing someone like jeff Wilson assuming Jordan Mason makes the team. Castro fields... Holman... Mccrary ball.

I would hold onto him until the very last min. I don't think Jimmy would object because what's his salary in a trade opposed to his projected salary as a free agent?
[ Edited by gotem on Aug 15, 2022 at 8:06 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gotem:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
It's gonna be tight for the Browns, the 49ers, and any team remotely interested in Jimmy G for Deshaun Watson's suspension to not get settled quickly. Week 1 is less than a month away, and I don't remember what date is D-Day for the 49ers and Jimmy's salary.

D day is Saturday 9/10 afternoon. 8/31 is 53 man roster designation deadline. The way management has treated this situation... He'll be cut at the last min... Meaning hell be on the 53. If Watson doesn't get the whole year i might be able to see Jimmy not making it past the 53 man deadline.

Who's more valuable generally? Jimmy or some 53rd on the cusp player. Good example would be losing someone like jeff Wilson assuming Jordan Mason makes the team. Castro fields... Holman... Mccrary ball.

I would hold onto him until the very last min. I don't think Jimmy would object because what's his salary in a trade opposed to his projected salary as a free agent?

Correct - there is simply no reason to cut him yet.

while a trade seems less likely by the day it is still possible.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I've been saying for a while just cut the guy. NYJ isn't making a play neither is CLE. If CLE does make a play, realize this is the franchise that sold Mayfield for a conditional 8th rounder in 2065.. after giving up major capital for Watson.. you think they will give us MORE for JG than they got for Baker.. DOUBTFUL

so we are looking at a conditional 2069 11th round pick..

just cut and MOVE ON

Businesses do not and should not give up assets for free until they have too. Zero reason to cut him whatsoever right now. We've held him for more than 6 months why the hell would we all of a sudden cut him with a couple weeks left?

brutal watch
Just awful. Choked on it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

brutal watch

But I was told it was all on Tartt?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

😬

Breaking report: JG may have not answered texts right away in 2018.. Breaking story Aug 15, 2022.. what a joke

Browns leaked this. #tinfoil
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
15 days

Lol not trying to be an ass but then what? Nothing at all changes really. Jimmy hasn't been part of this team for weeks.

Tons of cap room on a stacked team.. How is that not exciting?
I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.

A bunch of that is tied up if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly I'm no cap genius but I don't think we have as much as people think.

Lol. Do you not understand how extensions work? Boss's first year won't be 30 mil, it's an extension. Whatever he's due to make next year is what he will make for that year.

Next offseason we should have about 40-50 mil cap space. If Trey looks the part this year, we will definitely sign a guy or two that's gonna be an impact player.

Yeah, but... players get their prorated bonus money up front, do they not? So it's not just a cap issue. The team has to have that money on hand to pay, and I'm thinking 24 million on hand is a large sum of money.

EDT: inb4 "billionaires." Bribing council members takes lots of money.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Aug 15, 2022 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
So weird that Goodell hasn't dropped the hammer yet on Watson. Feel like this is all just a s**tty dog and pony show and we're being stringed along for the ride.

Last week Mike Garofolo (GMFB) laid out the following: Goodell lays down a one-year suspension. Immediately, Watson's legal team appeals. An arbiter makes a ruling and then trade talk will get serious IF the one-year suspension holds against the appeal. Net: Two weeks minimum before either side will have a clear picture of what to do.

Over/under on the number of pages in this thread when he is traded/cut?

brutal watch

brutal watch

Why? Just……why would you do this?
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:

brutal watch

Why? Just……why would you do this?

I watched it

That roll out and near pick by Ramsey
14 days
Originally posted by 49ers808:

brutal watch

Not a Jimmy supporter, but if Tartt got that pick the game would have definitely went a different way
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

brutal watch

Not a Jimmy supporter, but if Tartt got that pick the game would have definitely went a different way

Not a Jimmy hater, but if he threw that ball to a wide open Deebo down the left sideline the game would have definitely went a different way
Share 49ersWebzone