Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
15 days

Lol not trying to be an ass but then what? Nothing at all changes really. Jimmy hasn't been part of this team for weeks.

Tons of cap room on a stacked team.. How is that not exciting?
I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.

A bunch of that is tied up if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly I'm no cap genius but I don't think we have as much as people think.

Lol. Do you not understand how extensions work? Boss's first year won't be 30 mil, it's an extension. Whatever he's due to make next year is what he will make for that year.

Next offseason we should have about 40-50 mil cap space. If Trey looks the part this year, we will definitely sign a guy or two that's gonna be an impact player.

So what you're saying is, Jimmy leaving this season will have absolutely zero impact on the team this season? Which is exactly TreyDey's point. The supposed "excitement" of the Jimmy haters is at best weird, and more likely the normal trolling that y'all love to do so much. Particularly you and Strwy, it's about 90% of your posts (NT or PL).

No, I am not saying that

Have you never heard of something called mid season trades? Right now we barely have any cap space, which will change once Jimmy is gone. So that matters as well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope we hear something no later than Wednesday.
15 days

Lol not trying to be an ass but then what? Nothing at all changes really. Jimmy hasn't been part of this team for weeks.

I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30 mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110 mill for 4 players.

A bunch of that is tied up if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly I'm no cap genius but I don't think we have as much as people think.

Lol. Do you not understand how extensions work? Boss's first year won't be 30 mil, it's an extension. Whatever he's due to make next year is what he will make for that year.

Next offseason we should have about 40-50 mil cap space. If Trey looks the part this year, we will definitely sign a guy or two that's gonna be an impact player.

Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.
Shoo fly/gnat

And? So you think we can't sign an impact player or two bc Bosa + Deebos contracts will be high in 2 years from now? Cap space going up in a couple of years and we will have contracts coming off the books as well.

Like you said, you aren't no cap genius lol.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
So weird that Goodell hasn't dropped the hammer yet on Watson. Feel like this is all just a s**tty dog and pony show and we're being stringed along for the ride.

Last week Mike Garofolo (GMFB) laid out the following: Goodell lays down a one-year suspension. Immediately, Watson's legal team appeals. An arbiter makes a ruling and then trade talk will get serious IF the one-year suspension holds against the appeal. Net: Two weeks minimum before either side will have a clear picture of what to do.

Over/under on the number of pages in this thread when he is traded/cut?
Originally posted by mayo49:

I've been saying for a while just cut the guy. NYJ isn't making a play neither is CLE. If CLE does make a play, realize this is the franchise that sold Mayfield for a conditional 8th rounder in 2065.. after giving up major capital for Watson.. you think they will give us MORE for JG than they got for Baker.. DOUBTFUL

so we are looking at a conditional 2069 11th round pick..

just cut and MOVE ON
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
15 days

I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.

So what you're saying is, Jimmy leaving this season will have absolutely zero impact on the team this season? Which is exactly TreyDey's point. The supposed "excitement" of the Jimmy haters is at best weird, and more likely the normal trolling that y'all love to do so much. Particularly you and Strwy, it's about 90% of your posts (NT or PL).

No, I am not saying that

Have you never heard of something called mid season trades? Right now we barely have any cap space, which will change once Jimmy is gone. So that matters as well.

Nice backpedal attempt. So you're excited for a hypothetical trade that will likely not happen? Riiigggght.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:

I've been saying for a while just cut the guy. NYJ isn't making a play neither is CLE. If CLE does make a play, realize this is the franchise that sold Mayfield for a conditional 8th rounder in 2065.. after giving up major capital for Watson.. you think they will give us MORE for JG than they got for Baker.. DOUBTFUL

so we are looking at a conditional 2069 11th round pick..

just cut and MOVE ON

Would like to get a pick, but I am fine with just cutting him.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
So weird that Goodell hasn't dropped the hammer yet on Watson. Feel like this is all just a s**tty dog and pony show and we're being stringed along for the ride.

Last week Mike Garofolo (GMFB) laid out the following: Goodell lays down a one-year suspension. Immediately, Watson's legal team appeals. An arbiter makes a ruling and then trade talk will get serious IF the one-year suspension holds against the appeal. Net: Two weeks minimum before either side will have a clear picture of what to do.

10,000. Let's make it happen, guys.
15 days

No, I am not saying that

Nice backpedal attempt. So you're excited for a hypothetical trade that will likely not happen? Riiigggght.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
15 days

No, I am not saying that

I don't know what you'd be frustrated about - YOU are the one moving the goal posts. TreyDey said that Jimmy leaving isn't going to affect anything this season so why the excitement. You and the other Jimmy haters then argued that the cap space rolls over to next season, which we can use to sign Bosa - which simply proved TreyDey's point that it's nothing to get excited about now. Now that you're being called out, you're changing your argument to one of excitement that we'll be able to use the cap savings from Jimmy being gone on a mid-season trade lol. Absolutely pathetic argument.

Look, the Jimmy haters are "excited" because after years of whining, b***hing, crying, and rooting for him and the Niners to fail; y'all have finally gotten your way. Instead of letting it go and rooting for Trey and the rest of the team, you continue coming in here trolling, inciting, and contributing absolutely nothing towards a discussion about Jimmy. Where he'll land, what we'll get in a trade, his contributions to the team, etc. Zero substance. Just constant posts like JuSt CuT hIm He SuCkS wE wOn'T gEt AnYtHiNg FoR hIm.

then this thread can be moved out of niner talk. 😂 That's about it.
Wonder if Jimmy will be the 5th cut to 85 tomorrow or they want to build a temporary illusion for interested parties that a deal might be pending?
15 days

No, I am not saying that

I don't know what you'd be frustrated about - YOU are the one moving the goal posts. TreyDey said that Jimmy leaving isn't going to affect anything this season so why the excitement. You and the other Jimmy haters then argued that the cap space rolls over to next season, which we can use to sign Bosa - which simply proved TreyDey's point that it's nothing to get excited about now. Now that you're being called out, you're changing your argument to one of excitement that we'll be able to use the cap savings from Jimmy being gone on a mid-season trade lol. Absolutely pathetic argument.

Look, the Jimmy haters are "excited" because after years of whining, b***hing, crying, and rooting for him and the Niners to fail; y'all have finally gotten your way. Instead of letting it go and rooting for Trey and the rest of the team, you continue coming in here trolling, inciting, and contributing absolutely nothing towards a discussion about Jimmy. Where he'll land, what we'll get in a trade, his contributions to the team, etc. Zero substance. Just constant posts like JuSt CuT hIm He SuCkS wE wOn'T gEt AnYtHiNg FoR hIm.

Originally posted by dj43:

It's gonna be tight for the Browns, the 49ers, and any team remotely interested in Jimmy G for Deshaun Watson's suspension to not get settled quickly. Week 1 is less than a month away, and I don't remember what date is D-Day for the 49ers and Jimmy's salary.
  • gotem
  • Veteran
Everything is dependent on the Watson suspension or an injury.
[ Edited by gotem on Aug 15, 2022 at 7:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone