LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 179 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
15 days

Lol not trying to be an ass but then what? Nothing at all changes really. Jimmy hasn't been part of this team for weeks.

Tons of cap room on a stacked team.. How is that not exciting?
I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.

A bunch of that is tied up if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly I'm no cap genius but I don't think we have as much as people think.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 15, 2022 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Lol not trying to be an ass but then what? Nothing at all changes really. Jimmy hasn't been part of this team for weeks.

Then the Niners will have around 25m more in cap space.

So nothing changes.. until next offseason when we have more cap space..

If you think 25 million cap space is nothing there's no help for ya.

you think we are using those dollars this offseason... meaning like in the next week or so.. really?

Do you not understand rollover?
15 days

I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.

A bunch of that is tied up if I'm not mistaken. Admittedly I'm no cap genius but I don't think we have as much as people think.

So having the cap room for Bosa isn't exciting? I am confused how this isn't good news.

you think we are using those dollars this offseason... meaning like in the next week or so.. really?

What is going on here

My comment above said next offseason we will have more cap space..

because of the rollover..

nothing changes now..

15 days

So having the cap room for Bosa isn't exciting? I am confused how this isn't good news.

Personally Jimmy is all but gone and that money is already in the bank. That's just me though. I'm thankful for his time here, he should go down as a top 5-6 QB in our history and I appreciate that but he's an afterthought right now. 2 weeks, now, same difference. And I'm one of his supposed "Stans" but he's no longer a Niner outside of that contract so good luck to him.

I admit it will be nice not having this thread on top 90% of the time I come here. So there's that. I try to stay away from this toxic thread but when it's always on top I admitted have to click.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 15, 2022 at 3:01 PM ]

What is going on here

nothing changes now..

You understand how we get 25 million rollover? I dont understand the confusion here with this? Building for the future is the point no?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I need some goddamn Garoppolo trade news.

What is going on here

nothing changes now..

what are you even debating here ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What is going on here

nothing changes now..

I am so confused
15 days

Lol. Do you not understand how extensions work? Boss's first year won't be 30 mil, it's an extension. Whatever he's due to make next year is what he will make for that year.

Next offseason we should have about 40-50 mil cap space. If Trey looks the part this year, we will definitely sign a guy or two that's gonna be an impact player.

What is going on here

nothing changes now..

I am so confused

I submit to you a HOF level example of why this thread is 8k pages long
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
15 days

I guess even though that's just the inevitable. It's not like we're going in a spending spree this season. Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30 mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110 mill for 4 players.

Lol. Do you not understand how extensions work? Boss's first year won't be 30 mil, it's an extension. Whatever he's due to make next year is what he will make for that year.

Next offseason we should have about 40-50 mil cap space. If Trey looks the part this year, we will definitely sign a guy or two that's gonna be an impact player.

Next year we have to sign Bosa who will take a good chunk of that in future contracts that will be 30+ mill, not to mention Deebos future money too that will be $28 mill in 2024. 20 mill for Kittle. 26 for Trent. In 2024 we could be paying 110+ mill for 4 players.
Shoo fly/gnat
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Aug 15, 2022 at 3:35 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
15 days

Personally Jimmy is all but gone and that money is already in the bank. That's just me though. I'm thankful for his time here, he should go down as a top 5-6 QB in our history and I appreciate that but he's an afterthought right now. 2 weeks, now, same difference. And I'm one of his supposed "Stans" but he's no longer a Niner outside of that contract so good luck to him.

I admit it will be nice not having this thread on top 90% of the time I come here. So there's that. I try to stay away from this toxic thread but when it's always on top I admitted have to click.

Well said, bro. But Strwy and others who keep coming in here pretending to be "excited" about Jimmy leaving because of the cap space are the same people who were hoping he'd play poorly. Basically rooting against the Niners. For whatever weird reason, their illogical hate for Jimmy trumped their love for the Niners. It's weird. Anyway, it's not excitement that he's leaving, they are trolling us so called "Stans." Which is also very strange to make fun of Niners fans who like the Niners QB. Lol.

But I'm with you, Jimmy is all but gone at this point. Count me as a Trey Stan now.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
15 days

So what you're saying is, Jimmy leaving this season will have absolutely zero impact on the team this season? Which is exactly TreyDey's point. The supposed "excitement" of the Jimmy haters is at best weird, and more likely the normal trolling that y'all love to do so much. Particularly you and Strwy, it's about 90% of your posts (NT or PL).
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

What is going on here

nothing changes now..

I am so confused

I submit to you a HOF level example of why this thread is 8k pages long

Bro they just love to troll and incite. It's what they do.
Share 49ersWebzone